“Re:- Unwaware of the awares”

Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu
Ranked #31 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My only regret is I am not aware of by using the hotel TV,Wifi I had to pay for the extra services.I had been to so many places and hotels and this is the first time I experience this kind of services.Should I had known this I would not have choose this hotel.To the management of this hotel I would like to urge for free services for all this as most an all the hotel does,if not you will loose a lot of customers and disgruntled customer like me.Most of the guest that we spoke also aligned to what I felt.To go down to the main lobby to get hot water is a long2 way.Should install at every level for easy guest usage.Lobby seating areas should add more seats for guests while waiting.

Room Tip: Choose a room with windows openings to avoid boreness.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thanks for the feedback.

We could afford competitive rates by offering the basics, like bed,shower and fan. Guests pay extra for what they need such as Air conditioning and WIFI. This helps conserve energy and savings to guests at the same time.

We take note of the rest of the feedback and hope you will choose us next time when you plan your travels.

Thank you for your time.

There are newer reviews for Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu

Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you know Tune Hotels, you know that they have good beds and showers and are pretty inexpensive. For other things, like wifi, air conditioning and towels, you pay a la carte. That's all fine with me. But in KK, the location is way out of town. The redeeming part is it's located in 1Borneo which is the biggest mall in Borneo, so if shopping is your thing, this might be the best place. But to get downtown and to the islands, you have to take a bus. Most inconvenient was arriving in the evening at the airport and having to pay more than a night's stay for taxi fare. One tip: do check out and book the day trip to Mt Kinabalu and Poring Hot Springs online. It's a good deal for a small group tour.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RTWtraveler213
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Though the condition of hotel facilities especially air-conditioners are not as good as the first few times when I stayed, still I preferred it due to its reasonable charges and conveniences for food and shopping. As for transportation, taxi is available. if you know where you want to go and like the cheapest mean, then you just walk across the road to catch mini buses plying along the way for just RM1.00 and you can get connected to places that you like to go.

I think I shall still choose Tune Hotel at 1Borneo if I can book hotel room at a very low fare when there is a promotion.

Room Tip: Rooms at mid floor are cooler as first floor may be a bit nosier.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review and we hope you will try out our other hotels for another pleasant experience.

See you soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

It's not recommend if you plan to stay here for more than 3 nights. My experience was, 4D3N, first two nights was good, third night I feel bored. No window, ventilation very bad. Location wise is good, locate nearby 1Borneo shopping mall. Won't get hunger for food.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Just stay in hotel at night at will go out all the day will be fine...
For me is ok...although it is very far from airport but still in centre place that we want to go....
It is cheaper and got air con and this will not to comment bad already ....

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

1) ROOM - Air Cond not cold in the room (technician said mostly all room like this), Hair Dryer spoiled, Mattress - Left side slumped.
2) Noise from the main road through window (Especially Saturday midnight, Mat Rempit along that main road). Music vibration from the Ground Floor Pub.
3) Access Card - 4 nights stay there but 3 times of reactivate required.
4) Corridor to the room very warm as air cond was not on.
5) Tiles and wall cracking here and there.
6) Far from City Town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to find that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We apologize for this.

Please drop me further details of your stay at sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com and I will get the fix it crew to work on the room as soon as possible.

Let me know if you require anything further in planning your future stays with Tune Hotels and I will assist in every possible way to make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stay here 2 days. The room design only for trapped heat like in sauna. no window, totally no ventilation. The fan inside won't give any change of temperature. need purchased add-on air con. However, my room air con. not funtion well. The cool air need long time (about 6 hrs.) flow to every corner. Not suggest to stay in this hotel. Cheap but no quality.

Dear Guest,

We apologize to hear that the air conditioning was faulty. If you could send me your stay details to sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com and I will get the fix it team sort this matter out.

Please connect with me directly if you require any assistance in future. We hope to welcome you back and provide better service.

Thanks for pointing this out to us for our action.