“Elegant Ferdinands”

Ferdinand's
Ranked #1 of 652 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Listed as one of Malaysia's best restaurants by Malaysia Tatler, Ferdinand's is a world class Italian restaurant offering the most exquisite fine-dining experience served with style, charm and attention to detail open only for that perfect night out.Open daily from 6.00pm to 11.00pm.
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Ferdinands turned on a superb meal and presentation for our special occasion. Highly recommended for service and atmosphere. Nigel and Yumi

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Quality food, except one of the chocolate pudding which the claimed as signature dessert whereby we thought the taste covered heavily by alcohol and the filling was not nice (this is solely personal view).

Helpful and friendly staff. Family with young kids however shall inform in advance so that they can reserve a corner cause less disturbance to other guest. Their arrangement is indeed very good cause we are dining in with a toddler and a baby.

It's pricey but definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Beautiful food, wonderful atmosphere. We went there as a treat and it was so worth it. The service was great, attentive but not OTT.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Food was absolutely delectable. I had the rucola with walnut salad, followed by lobster on capellini. I was at bursting point and was very sad that I had no more space in my stomach for everything. Decor was beautiful, although it was a little bit too dim for comfortable dining. It was almost like those restaurants where it's pitch black and you eat blinded. Anyway, I was not staying at the resort but took a taxi there specifically for the meal. I waited for the restaurant to be open and was the first one in.

I was very upset when I was almost chucked at a table in the middle of the room. As a single diner, I always appreciate it when I am given an inconspicuous corner. When I asked for a table next to a window, I was told those were reserved for couples. I had to put my foot down and insist on a table of my choice. Anyway, the restaurant was not full even by the time I left.

The wait staff may not be the best I've come across but they tried their best. And I appreciate that.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Went there on a Saturday night. Had trouble searching for parking. But the whole experience was totally enjoyable.

Mr. Mas who served us showed the rare good hospitality in Malaysia. The foie gras starter was so good that I almost not ad enough. House wine was good company with the food.

We were two ordered alacarte some wine cost ard 500 which I think is good for the quality. However if I could I'd choose the set menu next time, seems more like a deal.

1  Thank Yvonne C