“Great food, superb staff!!”
Review of Ferdinand's

Ferdinand's
Ranked #6 of 578 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Listed as one of Malaysia's best restaurants by Malaysia Tatler, Ferdinand's is a world class Italian restaurant offering the most exquisite fine-dining experience served with style, charm and attention to detail open only for that perfect night out.Open daily from 6.00pm to 11.00pm.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, superb staff!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I dined at Ferdinand’s with my girlfriend for her birthday and we had a fantastic night. I also chose it as the place I was going to propose! The staff were amazingly helpful, the Manager Misan was superb with his assistance in making the night go smoothly. We opted for the special set menu, which gave a very good selection of items from the menu. The only minor complaint being that my steak was just slightly overcooked, but it wasn't so much so to require sending it back, which would also have affected the romantic plans and strict timing that I had in place!! Nice food, excellent staff and romantic environment.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andy K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ungasan, Indonesia
“Probably the best meal i have ever had.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The restaurant itself looks beautiful, the staff were well trained and attentive, the price was more than reasonable, and the food? The food was incredible. I had almond crusted scallops for a starter, followed by seabass fillet for main course. Then passionfruit panna cotta for dessert. washed down with a nice glass of wine and a brandy. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough and will certainly be back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank lazybali
Canberra, Australia
“First Class - A Surprising Find”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I had a very enjoyable and romantic dinner at Ferdinand's during our recent stay in Kota Kinabalu. This dinner was one of the highlights of the visit, and the good reviews on tripadvisor are justified. We were probably not expecting to have an experience like this in KK.
We had a corner table that overlooked the pool, and this provided a good backdrop. Great food (grilled salmon and dessert), wine (Australian white) and first class service by all the staff made for a memorable evening. The prices for dinner were very reasonable considering the food quality and presentation. The Polaroid photo was a nice reminder of dinner. Definitely worth a return visit.
Thanks for the vote, if you found the review helpful.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TWal1
London
“Romantic dinner at Ferdinand's”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This restaurant is set inside the large Sutera Harbour Resort in KK and I wasn't sure what quite to expect. The restaurant was highly rated on Trip Advisor so we decided to try and it was a real treat. The food is Italian so you obviously don't come here for the 'Borneo experience' but it was a lovely evening. We had the set menu with a couple of soft drinks and a bottle of red and paid I think around £160. Having arrived from Bali where every meal seems so cheap, this was obviously for us quite a bit more expensive, but when considering the quality of food, location and excellent service, it was overall money well spent. The service was fantastic as I have found in every part of this resort. They are very attentive and professional yet still so friendly. I would recommend for couples and groups for a special meal out.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank NMA22
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very good and affordable”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

May be the best service I experienced in 7 years in Malaysia, I really enjoyed the food and the vine list is very good. The prices are correct , and the ambiance is first-class . I will return, thanks for the great dinner and the photo souvenir.

Visited June 2014