“Excellence in every aspect!”
Review of The Klagan Regency

The Klagan Regency
Ranked #70 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Very lavish lobby entrance i wouldn't mind seeing the moment i enter. Its modern, the service is fast and there's free wifi at the lobby so i wouldn't mind waiting if i had to. Friendly staff who are always smiling and helpful, they always try their best to make you feel welcome and at home.

The hotel rooms are big, spacious, modern and the rooms that i stayed in had a good view of the city, hills and mountains at the background, and the hotel pool when i look down. The beds are really comfortable and the room has free internet access. Also, the room comes with the basics that come with every hotel of its level, a fridge, spacious clean toilets, cups, a water heater and teabags. Also has a safe in the clothes cupboard to place my belongings.

I really enjoyed my two week stay there and the hotel staff managed to put up with my constant messyness, constantly packing up my thrown clothes for me and putting them neatly in a corner beside my bag. Room service comes in early everyday to clean up the room and they do a quick and good job.

Thanks for reading =)

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I stayed in the Novotel located at 1 Borneo in Kota Kinabalu from the 19th of June to the 1st of July. It was an excellent stay in my opinion because of the helpful staff, the welcoming ambience of the place when I first stepped into the place and of course how fast the check out took! Often when we needed towels or sanitary items in the room, the people down at housekeeping would arrive in a jiffy and spare us from waiting too long. The breakfast from day1 of the trip all to the very last day was excellent in making sure that the food was well cooked and also abundant so it would never run out when we wanted to go for a second or third serving (considering how crowded it would be whenever we went down to have our breakfast). The staff are very prompt in refilling and serving our tea and coffee as well as clearing the used plates. I went with my school and several teachers, on the 2nd last night we had a dinner and it was very good, the dessert range was wide and for me that would be the most important aspect to any meal! :) When I visit kota kinabalu again I am sure to go to Novotel for a stay and not any other hotel. The connecting mall is also very convenient for late night snacks or early breakfasts! Great for emergencies at stores like Giant and Watsons. We even had the massage at MONTSPA and it was not only value for money but the friendly people made it all better, it relieved much of me and my boyfriend's stress from the previous days of work (We came as a school trip) and we would have gone for a second one if we didn't have to leave just a few days after! Memorable stay with my closest friends and boyfriend, one I would never forget and continue to recommend to my family members and such! Thank you Novotel for the pleasant experience~

Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed 2 nites in this hotel in June. Overall it's good but my concern is with the front office staff and the sewer smell in our bathroom.

During check-in it was a little slow as the staff doesn't quite seem to understand our bookings. I gave them a print out of my reservation which clearly states twin beds and yet we were given rooms with double beds.

Our bathroom at 1602 had this sewer smell seeping into it. Each time we open the bathroom door we can smelt it almost instantly.

Other than the above, the hotel is conveniently located and as usual the breakfast is exceptional. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

Just back from K.K., a bit disappointed about the Novotel Borneo1, even I am the member of AccorPlus, expecting it is a standard 'clean' hotel. We stayed from June 27 until July 1, 4 nights only, and asked to changed the room out from #1223, cos, there was a 'pess smell', that's really horrible!
BTW, the towels was really old and darky looked, even we called to the housekeeper 3 times within 40 minutes for replacing! After changing to the #1527, no smell at all, but, the airconditioner has error code#27, that making us hot! We hoped to have leisure there in K.K., so sad, we were busy to pack the stuff for chaning room and calling housekeeper.
Well, the peoples there in Novotel are friendly, unfortunately, the facilities is needed to be maintained in the standard level. Right!
Breakfast is good, much choices, but no yogurt, no skimmed milk. If you are on diet, please go down buying from supermarket (basement at Borneo1).
We won't stay there again definitely, and rather to pay more and staying at Shangri-la, T.A. or Risa Ria.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Was in KK for a service trip and stayed in the novotel. Free LAN internet in the rooms, interior was great! Beds were comfortable, room atmosphere was very romantic and cozy. The bar is very good the bartenders are very friendly. Free internet at the lobby and bar as well as the square restaurant. Service was rather slow if you ask for an extra towel or pillow. Room service is good and rather fast.

There is a spa in the hotel called mont spa, very good service with free flow of food and drinks. The massage is very very good and staff are friendly, only problem is they aren't very fluent in their english.

The Hotel staff are rather fluent in their english and are on overall very friendly.

Will stay in the novotel again when I visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

On surface, this hotel might look nice with it's decoration.
Apart from the breakfast, this hotel is sub-sandard. Location wise, quite far away from city centre, no allocated parking available. I had to change room due to faulty lighting. Bell boy wasn't even on his station when i arrived, and had to go to reception to request for someone to assist. This is not a 4 star hotel service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The hotel was amazing! It was really cheap and the food (especially dinner) was great and warm! The proximity to the mall was awesome. Those staying at Novotel should cross the road and walk right to the malay restaurant. The seafood there is really cheap and nice (13 rm for 200g of extremely nice sambal prawns)!
The hotel was extremely clean, and the pool was very nice; half outdoors, half indoors.
The only problem was that the housekeeping was a bit slow if you called them for towels or bags etc.

An awesome thing:
You can change your pillows to the high quality ones which mold to your head's shape if you ask them.