“Gluten free food, safe, helpful and attentative”
Review of The Klagan Regency

The Klagan Regency
Ranked #55 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Brisbane, Australia
“Gluten free food, safe, helpful and attentative”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The staff at this hotel and the company AGODA who I booked through could not have been more helpful. An extra layer of curtain weight was installed in my room after I mentioned I hadn't felt safe elsewhere travelling alone.
The restaraunt staff were very helpful when I mentioned I couldn't eat gluten. I was shown around the buffet by the chef everytime I went there so I would know what to eat. There was always so much.
The front desk and office staff were also helpful in assisting me in the business centre.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Communication E, MARCOMM at The Klagan Regency, responded to this review, 14 May 2012

Greetings from Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo.

We would like to thank you for choosing Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to share with us your experience in our hotel.

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo in the very near future and in the meantime, if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Bed was okay,Room was clean,Matress is jumpable,Staff is not too shabby,the pool view is really great and everything stands out.

Room Tip: Try to get the room on the higher floor with the view on Mount Kinabalu.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Location is a minus although it is located at one of KK biggest malls. Too far from downtown KK where all the parties and foods are. Taxi ride is also expensive.
Rooms are big and clean. However, some maintainence are needed especially in the room I stayed for 3 days. Curtain railing loosened and fell off (it was fixed promptly). Hanger in the bathroom fell off too. It was not fixed during my stay there.
The complimentary soft can drinks in the fridge was a good gesture. Beers is preferred! Hehehe.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Greetings from Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo.

We have carefully noted on your comment and the problem you are facing during your stay. Rest assured that your comments already been notified to the management for further action.

We do appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve. Please be assured that we have taken serious note of your comments and your concerns were taken in the spirit which they are intended.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My most recent trip to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia, was more than pleasant especially my stay at Novotel Kota Kinabalu. I am more than impressed by the friendliness and high standard of the hotel team led by the GM Mr. L. Jacques.

I was impressed by Byran, the FO Manager at my check in, the rest of the crew at Front Office was equally impressive. The Square restaurant at the 5th floor was fantastic and the crew, Chef, restaurant staff were very, very friendly and I was pretty sure they are most probably led by a very capable GM and that was confirmed when I finally met with Jacques, the GM. This is one gentlemen who goes to the ground to make sure that his team meet the mark of an A-Team.

I will surely be coming back to Novotel KK in my next visit, not just for the reasonable rate and its location in the largest shopping Centre, 1 Borneo in KK BUT to continue to enjoy the friendship which was started at my 1st stay. Bravo Jacques and your team.

Richard Koh

Room Tip: Higher floor room has a fantastic view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I booked my family in Novotel 1 Borneo KK for a standard room. I was surprised to see that the room was larger than what I expected. There were also two complimentary double beds placed alongside our King size bed for my kids. The hotel staff were very professional and efficient. The only thing thing I didn't like was the smell of cigarette smoke coming out from the vents. I requested for a room move and the hotel was kind enough to accept my request immediately. It was nice to have complimentary buffets for my kids below 15 years old but the food selections could have been better. I pretty much liked the taste and food selection of the neighboring hotel. All in all it was still a pleasant stay. I still would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: If you hate cigarette smoke let them know as soon as you arrive to avoid the hassle of moving rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family