“Nice design of the room”
Review of The Klagan Regency

The Klagan Regency
Ranked #69 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 3 June 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Al2195

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This Novotel Hotel at 1Borneo located on the outskirts of Kota Kinabalu is a very good hotel! The room assigned to me was very modern and all the amenities and facilities were just wonderful. It was very spacious! One of the biggest I have ever stayed in. The bathroom is also very spacious. Usually when the bedroom area is large the bathroom is smaller but not in this hotel!

The front desk staff was excellent. My booking was handled very promptly and in less than 10 minutes I was on my way up to my room. However, the concierge do need to keep a look out for arriving guests. My colleague and I arrived at around 11pm and no one was around to help us with our luggages. My colleague had to go into the hotel to look for someone to help. It's a good thing that the front desk staff handled our checking in very well.

This hotel is located beside a shopping mall that has some wonderful restaurants. Most offer western food so you may be disappointed if you are looking to try some local stuff. It is also located quite some distance from the town center. So do plan your itinerary well. The hotel is located in an area called 1Borneo and it has got some night life attractions of its own.

The lobby / reception area is not grand in any way but it is modern. As I was on a business trip I did not get the chance to sample their breakfast buffet in their coffeehouse that is located on the 5th floor. I got to try the local offerings in town.

You won't be disappointed if you picked to stay in this hotel in while in Kota Kinabalu. Only just be aware of the distance from town.

Room Tip: There was a carnival going on right opposite the hotel during my stay there so it was quite noisy at...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ng_reggie
Communication E, MARCOMM at The Klagan Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Greetings from Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo.

We would like to thank you for choosing Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to share with us your experience in our hotel.

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo in the very near future and in the meantime, if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed here during the year end new year season where they have this count down party below organized by the Ice Bar.

The hotel is good, with this nice room and services where we called at the middle of the night for bed sheet change, and came with the 2 cleaner reached within 5 mins with that friendly smile. And they are all well trained for me. I asked for mineral water and coffee instant like few times a day and they just passed me without any unhappy manner.
And this is my careless of leaving my few hundred cash at purse in bag by not locking it in safe and was still all safely owned after I discovered.
#Great staff and great services!

It's a great experience staying there but would say that the location is quiet far for us. As whenever we went to the city or jetty it costs us this rm25 for one way taxi fare. But conveniences are whenever girls who feel bored when partner is still sleeping or wake up late for some brunch searching, One Borneo is the greatest place for that as I even tried their facial treatment from one of the saloon below.

A place for holiday enjoy, spending most of the time at this hotel area than walking around the town.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank LyJiUn

Reviewed 13 May 2012

The staff at this hotel and the company AGODA who I booked through could not have been more helpful. An extra layer of curtain weight was installed in my room after I mentioned I hadn't felt safe elsewhere travelling alone.
The restaraunt staff were very helpful when I mentioned I couldn't eat gluten. I was shown around the buffet by the chef everytime I went there so I would know what to eat. There was always so much.
The front desk and office staff were also helpful in assisting me in the business centre.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Communication E, MARCOMM at The Klagan Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Bed was okay,Room was clean,Matress is jumpable,Staff is not too shabby,the pool view is really great and everything stands out.

Room Tip: Try to get the room on the higher floor with the view on Mount Kinabalu.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple