“Appreciation”
Review of The Klagan Regency

The Klagan Regency
Ranked #62 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel, with more days. Hence, I believed I have been upgrade to Premier room (with Permier service). I am excited with joy, incl my family members. A big thanks to Ms Jagoda for ths arrangement.

The only drawback is the breakfast service, on my 2nd day stay upon the request of omelette. The Cook is not friendly with sour face. I believed he must be over work due to short of staff. Otherwise, the rest of my days for the morning breakfast are excellent. Food quality is moderate only. This is still ok for me.

For my last day stay, Ms Jagoda greet me farewell and ask me to come again. I have replied her with confident, certainly I will come again next year.

Initially, I am planning to change my stay at 1Borneo as I am a bit upset on the reward points of AccorHotel with expiry date. If my reward points can be reinstate (extended), I will be very please to continue the membership and continue my stay at Novotel.

Thanks & Regards, ES Peng

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pesoon
There are newer reviews for The Klagan Regency

Reviewed 20 June 2012

the best hotel for new couple to honeymoon,with nice room,and a nice toilet full with glass wall...don't ever miss its..

Room Tip: room that face to highway
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank qisha11
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Hotel away from main part of city, although you can catch a free shuttle bus back to the city at the other end of the mall.
The Hotel is attached to the 1Borneo Hypermall, which gives you easy access to various restuarants, shopping, cinema etc. Breakfast had adequate options with staff being polite & friendly.
Have stayed in KK previously & wold prefer being in the heart of the city, although there is fantastic silk shop across the road from the hotel & shopping centre.
We stayed here 2 separate times on one trip. The 2nd time we arrived for check in was approx 4.30pm we were required to wait which was disappointing as we were very tired after climbing the mountain, although when room was ready we received a larger room type than originally booked.They also allowed our group to leave our main bags at Hotel whilst we climbed the mountain at no cost, which was greatly appreciated.
Staff at front desk were pleasant & friendly.
Would rate hotel at 3.75 stars.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pejola
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Was not being informed that the hotel is facing a water supply problem when I check in. Went in the room and released all the luggage and wanted to take a hot shower, only to notice that there is no water. Call the frontdesk, and was only told of the problem of no water supply now and they are fixing it. SO LOUSY service that did not even take the initiative to informed check in guest of the problem, and had to let me discovered on myself and hey, I'm not joining a discovery tour, you know. It make us very disappointed of the service and courtesy shown by the hotel itself.
This is the second time I stayed here. but I may need to reconsider looking at other hotel in the area next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We dont complain the misleading newspaper advertisment. We also dont complain the late check-in service. We also dont further mention the no water issue. But we have to remind that there is no guarantee parking for hotel guest. We paid our parking as per the front desk told us that it is per entery. The next day after check out, we have to pay again because it is a new day rate even your car is not moving in front of the hotel. Front desk remarks that it is the car owner and the parking management issue and has nothing to do with the hotel. To conclude, staff are not well trained to handle late check-in and parking issue. I am ROOM 724 guest on 29 May 2012.

Room Tip: Try other hotel @ 1 Borneo.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ryanchang
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed here for one night. It's about 15min out from Kota Kinabalu city centre and I would've preferred to stay there. I originally booked it because it is located in 1 Borneo, which is a shopping centre. The shopping centre is average though, and after exploring the city centre - I would recommend being near there instead rather than having to cab in/out.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple