“Good location and value for money”
Review of The Klagan Regency

The Klagan Regency
Ranked #59 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Singapore
“Good location and value for money”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed here in a group after some of us climbed Mt Kinabalu. It was a great change from our earlier hotel at Perkasa and at check in we were very happy as by comparison it was a great improvement.

This hotel is conveniently located next to the One Borneo shopping mall which is one of the biggest malls in Borneo.

THe rooms were comfortable but the workmanship is not great. The shower stall in 2 of the 6 rooms we booked flooded because the floor traps were blocked and the water drainage was not good. The soap holder in the shower stall was not secure and could do a 360 degree turn which means you could put anything on it. There was no shelvin in the shower to put your shampoo, etc. The sink was the bowl shape type that tended to spill over when you wash your face.

The spa in the hotel was run independently and service was not very good. We booked our massages and yet when we turned up they did not have enough masseuse as they had committed them to other customers.

Otherwise the hotel was comforable, service was good and polite. Generally a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed twice in June for a total of 7 days. I made the reservation through the Accor website and used Diners card. I was contacted by the reservation office of the hotel and asked to send them another credit card information by e-mail, despite the high risks of such operation for the customer. It is not the first time that in Malaysia my credit card information has been handled carelessly. The first hotel room (standard 711) was large and quite comfortable, despite a broken window handle and a VERY powerful and difficult to set air conditioning. During our second stay, the room we were given was old and in bad need of renovation and it was so little, that the extra bed didn't fit in. We were given another room (superior 1910), bigger and a little newer, but again, the air conditioning was so powerful and noisy that kept us awake all night. Also, the swimming pool could really benefit from a facelift. On the positive side, the friendly service at the reception, the free shuttle to the city and the hypermall right nextdoor. Keep in mind, that the hourly free ride to the city center takes 20-30 minutes and from KK you need to queue under the sun for 20 min. in order to secure your seat. The taxi ride is around 30 MYR (fixed prices according to the city area - just make sure you know the right fare) and worth every penny. If you find a very good offer, it could be a good alternative to the hotels in the city center. If you are addicted to shopping, then you are in heaven!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Singapore
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Location of hotel is a little far off from town, about 20 min by taxi but there is also an hourly shuttle bus that takes you into town. The hotel is modern and clean, rooms are pretty decent and there is a big shopping mall next door which compensates for its out-of-town location. The hotel restaurant itself offers a good buffet spread at an incredibly low price.

If you don't mind the shuttle to town, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel, with more days. Hence, I believed I have been upgrade to Premier room (with Permier service). I am excited with joy, incl my family members. A big thanks to Ms Jagoda for ths arrangement.

The only drawback is the breakfast service, on my 2nd day stay upon the request of omelette. The Cook is not friendly with sour face. I believed he must be over work due to short of staff. Otherwise, the rest of my days for the morning breakfast are excellent. Food quality is moderate only. This is still ok for me.

For my last day stay, Ms Jagoda greet me farewell and ask me to come again. I have replied her with confident, certainly I will come again next year.

Initially, I am planning to change my stay at 1Borneo as I am a bit upset on the reward points of AccorHotel with expiry date. If my reward points can be reinstate (extended), I will be very please to continue the membership and continue my stay at Novotel.

Thanks & Regards, ES Peng

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pesoon
Labuan Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

the best hotel for new couple to honeymoon,with nice room,and a nice toilet full with glass wall...don't ever miss its..

Room Tip: room that face to highway
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank qisha11
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Hotel away from main part of city, although you can catch a free shuttle bus back to the city at the other end of the mall.
The Hotel is attached to the 1Borneo Hypermall, which gives you easy access to various restuarants, shopping, cinema etc. Breakfast had adequate options with staff being polite & friendly.
Have stayed in KK previously & wold prefer being in the heart of the city, although there is fantastic silk shop across the road from the hotel & shopping centre.
We stayed here 2 separate times on one trip. The 2nd time we arrived for check in was approx 4.30pm we were required to wait which was disappointing as we were very tired after climbing the mountain, although when room was ready we received a larger room type than originally booked.They also allowed our group to leave our main bags at Hotel whilst we climbed the mountain at no cost, which was greatly appreciated.
Staff at front desk were pleasant & friendly.
Would rate hotel at 3.75 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pejola
Labuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Was not being informed that the hotel is facing a water supply problem when I check in. Went in the room and released all the luggage and wanted to take a hot shower, only to notice that there is no water. Call the frontdesk, and was only told of the problem of no water supply now and they are fixing it. SO LOUSY service that did not even take the initiative to informed check in guest of the problem, and had to let me discovered on myself and hey, I'm not joining a discovery tour, you know. It make us very disappointed of the service and courtesy shown by the hotel itself.
This is the second time I stayed here. but I may need to reconsider looking at other hotel in the area next time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family