The Klagan Regency
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Borneo Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Pool
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
KK Waterfront Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Average 3/5
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Tang Dynasty Bay Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
    Hotel Puri36(Kota Kinabalu)
    Nepenthes Villa(Kota Kinabalu)
      InHotel(Kota Kinabalu)
      Very Good 4/5
        Very Good 4/5
        • Pool
        All reviewsshopping mallbiggest mallkk citypleasant staywarisan squarebuffet breakfastnovotelhypermallborneo
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed 4 March 2013

I check in this hotel on 24th Feb 2013, the check in process is good. However, the unpleasant experiences came on 26th, after I finished my diving and back to hotel room, I found no bath towel and I then called housekeeping sent me the towel, after 35 mins, no response at all. I then call again, bu the phone kept ringing for over 5 mins without answer, then I call again twice and finally get in touch. Waiting another 45 mins, still no bath towel was sent to my room. OH my god, I then call again and still need to wait for long time without answering. I then proceed to Front desk and the replied was, the suppliers yet not sent the towel to hotel until 4 hours later.
        On 27th, night time, the fuse of the room jumped off and on again and jumped off, i kept on sleeping till next day, when I came back in the afternoon after diving at around 4 pm, the room was black out, I then call housekeeping again, still required me dial several times before someone answer. I couldn't stand for it and proceed to front desk once again and request room change. Finally a front desk lady help me through and the nightmare gone from 28th till my check out on 2 Mar.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
        1  Thank George C
        Communication D, Manager at The Klagan Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear George C,

Greetings from Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo!

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisorl.

On behalf of the hotel, we would like to apologise for the unpleasant incident during your stay. Rest assured that appropriate action has been taken to ensure that such an incident does not repeat itself in the future.

We sincerely hope this experience will not alter your confidence in Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo. In the meantime, if we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stay here if: you enjoy having cookie crumbs and pubic hairs under your pillow; you enjoy being mocked and laughed at by front desk; you enjoy loud noises late at nite; you enjoy broken windows in your room; you enjoy dodging the motorcycle races taking place on the road adjacent the forecourt; you enjoy watching motorcylists crash at high speed from your bedroom window; you enjoy hours of motorcyles revving, parading and racing; you enjoy changing rooms frequently; you hate sleep.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
        2  Thank Shane K
        Communication D, Manager at The Klagan Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear Shane K,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

We have received your feedback via Accor website and have replied our response to you directly. We have noted your comments and shared with the team for their review and rectification. And no, we do not encourage or support illegal road race in any way, only race for quality.

Also please be informed that we did not receive your email that was sent to our GM as mentioned, please check which email address you send it to. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

It's situated at 1 Borneo, 20-30mins from town, cost about rm30 for a taxi to go to town (rm60 return taxi fare). Overall, great hotel with comfortable bed, big room space and situated right next to shopping mall. Food not a problem, except famous local seafood, as most seafood restaurant situated in kk town

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Josantoes,

Greetings from Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo!

Thank you for choosing Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo as your accommodation and for sharing your review on our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and the hotel was convenient for your purpose. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to adjust and better serve our guests and meet their satisfaction.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Location is about 15mins/ 30mins(with traffic) driving from KK downtown. Hotel is connected to 1 Borneo Mall, very convenient! There's shuttle bus to Warisan Square every hour, but reservation is, otherwise standby for vacant seat left. Good for those enjoy shopping eating inside shopping mall, also there're local food stall next to the hotel too, so you can have local nasi lemak for your breakfast, and price is much cheaper.
        Hotel room was generally clean and tidy, but the carpet of the lift lobby in certain floors have strange smell.
        I'd booked a Deluxe Room, but upon check in, the staff gave me a very small room(which I believe it was only a standard room), since I paid extra $, and the photo of deluxe room shown was much bigger, with a little living room area for coffee table and sofa, so I asked the staff to check again, and he said it's a "deluxe", even the supervisor said the same, I was so upset! But the supervisor said due to my small room was at the corner, so there's no coffee table and sofa, and asked me to wait for about 1 hr, so that she can arrange a room with living area for me. Then after 1 hour, I checked in again, and that was the REAL DELUXE room I suppose to have, I did not ask for an upgrade, just give what I deserve!! While my sister came 1 day later, and she booked a standard, which is the one I originally had, so it proved that the staff are either lying or they are not doing a good job at all!!
        OK...for deluxe room, very spacious, free mini bar with some soft drinks, and refill every day, standard room with fewer drinks only . Pool was nice and big. Free cable internet.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
        2  Thank Chanyatho
        Communication D, Manager at The Klagan Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo!

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisorl.

On behalf of the hotel, we would like to apologise for the unpleasant incident during your check-in process. Rest assured that appropriate action has been taken to ensure that such an incident does not repeat itself in the future. Nevertheless, we are happy to note your compliments on our rooms and facilities.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I would like to recommend this hotel to everyone of traveler outside there... you should come to this hotel... during we are check in, the front office staff are fantastic because greet us with a big smile.. we never experience this at other 4 star hotel in kota kinabalu. the room are big and clean. beside that during we consume our breakfast, the staff are very nice to us and surprising us because not only the F&B staff serve us but event i thing the management's staff (they ware office's shirt) also serve us... i never find this in our previous hotel stay... WELL DONE NOVOTEL KOTA KINABALU'S STAFF... KEEP IT UP!!! Sure we will come here again and again and again and again....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
        1  Thank KusniL

Dear KusniL,

Greetings from Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1Borneo!

We are happy to know that you had an excellent stay with us. Your compliments on our staff and facilities are most gratifying.