“Failed Accor's standards”

Ranked #55 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Vancouver, Canada
“Failed Accor's standards”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I couldn't believe an international chain would failed its own standards so drastically. The room was so basic... so much space for furniture you could see they had intended to put in but didn't. Loose light-fittings, things falling apart without being fixed, poorly lit rooms, but most of all, absence of guest service and attentive-ness. Don't stay here if you've a choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BC-Travel-Bugg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We arrived quite early (around noon) and unfortunately was not allowed to check in early. Since the hotel joints the mall, we walked around while waiting time for check in.
Restaurants are mere metres from the hotels' door, so food is easy to find.

The room was clean. Bathrooms are clean. Too bad the bathtub leaked.

Wifi is problematic, as mentioned by a previous reviewer. I had too call the room service, which supplied me with a long username (something like novasdi827) and weird password (it was 'nibucu').
The combination didn't work.
I called again, and was given another combination.
It only worked after the third time, and only on our phones but not on my tablets. Not sure if the problem was with android. I gave up.

The staffs meanwhile are extremely polite. It was my husband's birthday the next day and I asked secretly if they could send a slice of cake at midnight. They send a whole cake instead!
And it was also on the house.

Pros: Location near to mall, Friendly staff.
Cons: Wifi

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 April 2014

the room that i first checked into had a material burning smell that became a lot worst towards the evening.
it affected my throat and i have to visit a doctor after i came back to s'pore.
this is perhaps the first time i have to ask for a room-change after settling into a room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Travellers are raving about these Kota Kinabalu hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2014

When I made the reservation through hotel website, the room description is come with complimentary high speed internet with WiFi in the room but when I checked-in, the front desk said there is no WIFI in the room. We called to front desk few times to ask for password when our phone can get the wifi network but the answers given by them were still "NO". The next day we went down for breakfast around 9.30am, the hot dishes were cool. Egg and noodle station has no one chef standby there. The kitchen is open concept and we saw some chefs busy to prepare other meal. No one care to attend the gWe have to stand and wait there to get their attention. First round half boil egg was good guest. I ordered half boil egg and it came in nicely and well done. Then my friend ordered and waited for 20mins, it came after we chased but it was raw and not cooked at all. My friend want to order meehoon soup, the chef shouted far away "No soup, no soup". Then after a while, I managed to get 2 bowl of Meehoon soup with cabbage only but was so salty. I will say, the service is not up to 4* international brand. We were dissapointed and dissatisfied the service level.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Manila
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The staff of the hotel was one of the best. I got sprained and they immediately attended to my need by massaging and applying bandage to my leg. They were very helpful in directions to the tourist spots and all our needs were attended to quickly.

• Stayed April 2014
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I found that the air conditioning was not working properly. On my first day it takes them about 2 hours to find the fault and to get it working. On the next 5 days my of stay , i had practically to need to set the aircon on for the whole day im out on business. On my return trip two days later , on different floor, the same problem. The air con was marginally better but it get worst on my last day where it fail to deliver any cool air. I had to change room at midnight .

The only saving grace of this hotel is it front office and maintenance guys. They are very polite and when it failed on the last day, they managed to located a room for me.

I will definitely ask my Kota Kinabalu staff to arrange other hotel for me on my return trip in June 2014

1 Thank Dennis_TG