“Nice hotel but in middle of nowhere”
Review of The Klagan Regency

The Klagan Regency
Ranked #59 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Perth, Australia
“Nice hotel but in middle of nowhere”
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Stayed for 3 nights with my husband and my son who had his own room.
There are good points and bad.Firstly the staff are excellent and the rooms are pleasant.
The hotel is a long way from anywhere except the huge shopping mall that is attached.
So be prepared to pay for taxis if you want to go anywhere.
The pool area is excellent and the restaurant is not bad.
I must say that the worst parts for us all were the beds being extremely hard-like concrete.I didnt complain so dont know if anything could be done about it.I resorted to sleeping on pillows to get any sleep. Also the bathrooms could be quite dangerous especially for the elderly with steps etc. Probably wouldn't stay here again even though it was a good price-there are better places.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cebu
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We booked about 10 rooms last January 2010 in Novotel 1Borneo and everyone in our group agreed that the hotel was excellent. Very good breakfast, really nice big rooms with big bathrooms, and the location was excellent. No need to go anywhere to eat or shop. Everything is connected to the hotel.

Try this hotel. You will not regret it.

• Stayed January 2010
Meadview, Arizona
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I arrived at this hotel on January 31st, 2010. The front desk check-in was fast and efficent. A very helpful bell staff took my luggage up to my room. I booked directly with Novotel over the intetrnet, before departing the Philippines, and, I got a nightly rate of 220 Malaysian Ringgets, or, $ 66 USD per night. My initial stay was for 5 nights, thru February 5th. I stayed in room # 919. This room was big, clean and quite. The bathroom had a big picture window that divided it from the bedroom. The bathtub was big, and, it had a big rain forest shower head installed up in the ceiling. This hotel is located at one of the biggest and newest mall's in Malaysia: Borneo 1. The room also had a security safe. I just re-read my bills, and, I do not see that I was charged for in-room internet service. So, I believe it was free. I used room service about once a day, and, all the meals were delicious and perfect and fast service. One of the bell boys was very helpful, his name was: Rasidy. The General Manager: Jacques Leizerovici, was very helpful also, he even paid for my taxi fare to the airport. Thank You again Jacques. And, the very beautiful Sarah, at the front desk, you just can't but, be stunned by her beauty. I will definately stay at the Novotel again whenever I return to K.K. I rate this hotel as 3 1/2 to 4 stars.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 7 March 2010

If one is expecting Shangri La services, go there otherwise enjoy the pleasant stay at this modern and comfortable hotel. Staffs are friendly and helpful. The rooms are very good, I prefer the wooden flooring than carpet..but you can hear people walking next room :((
The bathroom is great. Good flat screen TV (no ESPN though..sigh). I was hoping the rooms or at least each floor would have WiFi connection, but there's 2 iMac in the lobby for those who can't live away from FaceBooking.. Depends on your stay - shop or sightseeing. Shopping for us this time, very very convenient. If you're the late night clubber, the hotels in town is better.
Our last night stay was a bit annoying though, we have to endure the slamming of doors and loud chattering...was told later, guests from Taiwan:)). The swimming pool is a bit of a downer though...half covered but...its ok. No sight of a Duty Manager desk..I'm a bit of an old fashion tourist..I like to feel the warmth of a greeting at any entrance, but no welcoming staff at the hotel entrance..(i supposed sliding doors don't need one..)
I wanted to sign on as a member, but there seems to be no 'encouragement' from the front desk. My family enjoyed the stay. Nothing extraordinary but pleasant enough for the price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Arrive in the hotel at almost midnight so I order room service. Food is really good and price is reasonable. Staff is nice and helpful and you can choose to have meal in the shopping mall next to the hotel. Money exchange in the shopping mall is convenience as well.

Only the location of this hotel is far away from the city center so the taxi fare is quite high.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 February 2010

This hotel is the same location as Tune Hotel (refer my other review for details). I stayed in a Superior Room on the 15th Floor. Standard & Superior are almost the same size & outlooks. The advantage of Superior rooms are located from above 10th floors with free minibar usage consist of 6 can drinks (Cola,Orange Juice & Soya Milk) & toiletries. Room comes with a LCD TV, safe box, iron/board, kettle for tea/coffee, 2 bottle water, bath ropes, weight scale, slippers & internet cable. The rooms does not have Wifi but internet cable in the rooms. Hotel & rooms only about 1 yr old + but showing some creak walls & bad workmanship around the edges. A good place to stay a night or two with a higher budget about RM250+

• Stayed February 2010
Shanghai
Reviewed 10 February 2010

Due to the vouchers from A-Club, I booked this hotel. This Novotel is new and modern. But comparing to any other Accor's hotels I stay in China, service of this one is not good enough.

Firstly, the staff don't read my request on my booking mail carefully before I arrived. Therefore they gave me a room under my requirement.

Next day the housekeeping didn't change dirty cups, bath foam and shampoo until my hubby complained them.

Breakfast is soso.

Sometimes in midnight, housekeeping is no one to answer the call. It's not acceptable in an international hotel group.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple