“A good mainstream North Indian restaurant”
Review of Kohinoor

Kohinoor
Ranked #23 of 636 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We ate lunch here twice and thoroughly enjoyed both meals. Nothing exceptional, but a nice little restaurant with an outside dining area overlooking the water. Try the fish curry! Great with a mug of ice-cold Tiger on a hot and humid day - which is every day in KK.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I like to come here because the food is good and the atmosphere is wonderful. Our favourite dishes are the plain naan bread, garlic naan bread and cheese naan bread which is also my 23month old daughter's favourite. We love the tandoori chicken and okra curry too! The only downside is that the price is a bit on the high side. Still I would recommend this place due to the good food served in a great atmosphere.

1  Thank mmdelaharpe
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The best thing about the restaurant is its location, which is on the waterfront with a great view. We sat outside enjoying the sunset but there are seats inside as well.

There was a varied menu with a choice of 2 portion sizes – we went for the smaller size and it was plenty for us. We’d heard some good reports about the restaurant but were a little bit disappointed. The naan bread wasn’t as tasty as some we’d had in other restaurants and the other dishes we had were nothing special – although they were edible.

The staff were friendly and there wasn’t anything to really dislike but neither is it a place we’d rush back to in a hurry.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We had the set menu and it tasted fine, they give you plenty and there is a good bit of variety. It is also in a really nice location and you can look out over the water. The service was good and they were all really friendly. The only thing I will say here is that they seriously need to look at their hygiene practices, as both myself and my dinner partner were 'sick' the next morning.This was really unfortunate and by the looks of the other reviews not a common occurrence but I just felt compelled to write it.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Went to this restaurant 2 times and it was great, delicious Indian food, nice and friendly staff, great location also they have waterfront seating. Highly recommended.