Megah D'Aru Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$160
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa(Kota Kinabalu)
US$271
US$251
US$74
US$57
Agoda.com
Oceania Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)(Great Value!)
US$42
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
US$100
US$73
Agoda.com
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$64
US$59
TripAdvisor
US$40
TripAdvisor
All reviewsairport shuttlean early flightsimple breakfasttanjung arutv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I arrived quite late in the evening (~8pm) and proceed to check in. Check in was hassle free and fast. The receptionist even asked whether we need an airport shuttle for the next day which I politely declined as I have my own transport. But I do request for a take away breakfast. Normal breakfast time is 7am. If you have to checkout earlier, you may request for it. The breakfast was an egg sandwich, banana and a cup of mineral water. Not sure if they have other varities but I take this as a kind gesture from the hotel to take the extra effort to give you a breakfast :)

Room is clean with hair dryer, sandals, tea making facilities. The room is without carpet and this is where the sandals plays a role. The bed is comfortable. Not too hard or soft. Maybe it just suits me best :)

The next morning, I checkout and breakfast was prepared. I will definitely stay in this hotel should I need a nearby hotel to airport

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Y_Kit
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I myself is in the service industry. The way they start centainly need some improvement and the management need to check and get the staff serious in the work.

The pick-up were not in time and the staff did not offer any explaination nor apology for the delay.

Upon check-in there were no greeting from the front office staff which is quite weird (maybe due to i'm a local the courtesy does not apply, hmmmmmmm). The staff just point on the registration form to sign and give me the key and no explaination in what included, facilities or whatsoever.

The room is clean and everything else works.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Pangait2012
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Good place to stay if you have an early am flight to catch since it's so close to the airport and offers a free airport shuttle.
Room was clean and pretty spacious.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
It's close to some hawker stands that sell pretty cheap local eats.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 0n_the_move
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I booked a hotel room here as an event was taking place in the same hotel the very next morning. To my surprise, the room was super duper clean and the free airport shuttle was waiting when we arrived, about 30 minutes later than scheduled at the airport. The local breakfast looked greasy and unappetizing however. Nevertheless there were many restaurants around the hotel if you want to grab a bite, as well as convenience stores, mobile phone stores etc etc. For an airport stayover, I'd definitely stay here again.

For the price paid, this is a good deal.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel is ideal if you have an early flight since it is super close to the airport. The hotel is not located in the city center of Kota Kinabalu but in an area a little outside but it is entirely possible to walk from the hotel to the city if you want. However, if you don't want to walk, taxis are easily found in this area and are relatively cheap.

The rooms are a nice size, clean, and I personally the beds to be extremely comfortable. Overall, a good place with friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo