“Worth of Value”

Courtyard Hotel @ 1Borneo
Ranked #79 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This hotel is definitely worth of what you pay for. It suprises me with the buffet breakfast I get for the money I pay to stay in this hotel. Just few steps away from the 1B shopping mall, it is convenient for us to doing our shopping and get back to our room when tired. The only issue I have with this hotel is its lift. Only 2 lifts available for guess and 1 for cargo. I will stay there if I am to visit KK again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Cheng_Yang_8

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The Hotel is located close to 1 Borneo Hyperma;l, a shopping complex in Kota Kinabalu but it is a bit outskirt from Kota Kinabalu town. However there is a bus service taking to Kota Kinabalu town center but can't remember whether it is a free service or not. I book the room (superior or deluxe executive i can't remember) through Airasia website and i got it on a bargain which less than MYR100. The room was spacious. The breakfast was so-so but the view from the restaurant was nice and the staff were helpful. A lot of restaurant in 1Borneo and there is a foot reflexology nearby for relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahmadzafri
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The hotel was good location,only while check in was very poor it's was my first stay during raya 2012.but verry disappointed I booke 2 balanise type room on the same floor with the mounting view ,but they give me 1 balanise room and 1 standard room in the same floor and with the block window,I didn't complaint in the same day coz my whole day was out,only to remaind the hotel management please be honest with the guest while the staying ,

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank annewsl
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I like the idea to stay at this hotel because of the view at the roof top, 6th floor during my previous birthday dinner. It was nice and romantic restaurant. The hotel superior room was kind of cheap but too small for a couple. My partner and I just lay down on the bed every time we came back to the room. Very basic room but value for money.

Room Tip: Get the room with the window.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

my 1st day was ok.. the reception was good and polite.. i booked two rooms(twin and triple).. the twin single bed was ok.. the room was comfy but the toilet door was quite hard to lock.. need another person to push from the outside then we can lock the door.. so me & my sister decided not to lock so that we wont get locked inside.. the room was a bit cold at night but ok.. as for the triple room, there was only one electric socket available & the aircon was hot.. my family slept in sweats.. plus the room was made up of a twin double bed and a single bed.. the single bed was place in front of the toilet.. if we want to get inside the toilet we need to pass a person head to get in.. in my religion, that is rude.. especially when a person is sleeping there..
in the website, we were told that we have Wifi in the hotel, sad but true, the so called Wifi is only at the Ground floor & the rooftop.. if we need internet we can get cable from the reception..

the 2nd day, we had breakfast at the roof top.. nice view.. food excellent.. everything was ok except the aircon and the Wifi cannot be accessed.. the room was made up while we were in the room.. the cleaners are very noisy..

the 3rd day, the breakfast was ok, except the nasi lemak rice was not really cooked.. the rest was ok.. the room service cleaners make up our room and took our extra room card which i left in the room to keep the aircon on so that we have a cool room when we came back.. i was surprise to find it missing from the room.. what makes it worse they took out the card but not the garbage.. absent minded.. after making a report, they didnt come back to me with the card, instead they came to the room just to get the rubbish.. i went out and they promise to bring back the card.. at the other room, technicion only came late at night to fix the aircon and the Cable for the internet.. bad timing..

after all this, hope the hotel will take considerations in my comments:

1) Check all rooms for defaults like the dors and locks..
2) if a room is not suitable to put in an extra bed, please provide a bigger room.
3) if you can get Wifi for every floor, this would be better, if not make sure the cables & the internet socket is good and the internet is not lagged..
4) room service should not talk loudly in the presence of hotels tenants, make sure everything is in order and cleaned before leaving the room.. and please advise not to take extra keys left in the room.
5) Food should be cooked & tasted before sending it out to the tables. this is to make sure nobody gets an upset stomach by eating raw food.

Thank you for the hospitality & hope when i go back there, some changes have been made..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BltLykes
Reviewed 6 July 2012

well, let's begin with the lift, the only one to access to every floor. --> Inconvenient!

the room is okay....everything is provided, but for the bathroom is sucks. The water pressure is terrible low and temperature is unstable. The design for the bath is dumb! water still can flow to outside.

The breakfast is average.

The staff here not professional at all, no one at the reception while we intended to check-out and found the staff was drinking coffee behind.

Alot of improvemenst and trainings for them to become a better hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

It was a poor and horrible hotel in Kota Kinabalu,Sabah. Regreted staying for the night in this hotel. The beds were uncomfortable and hard and it was very noisy outside the corridor. On the first night, when I wanted to close the door and come in to my hotel room after my dinner buffet, the door suddenly beeped loudly and was so annoying that I needed to banged it loudly to stop the horrible sound. There was not enough space for putting my luagge too. Their services were also poor and terrible that I really don't want to stay in that hotel on my 2nd trip of KK.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple