“Reasonable service for reasonable price...”

Courtyard Hotel @ 1Borneo
Ranked #79 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Manila, Philippines
“Reasonable service for reasonable price...”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I spent my holiday here for 4 days and 3 nights. The amenities are a bit spartan compared to other 3 star hotels. The room is pretty small. My only concern is the comfort room which is quiet dirty. Other than this, this hotel is pretty fine for budget travellers. There's free shuttle service from the hotel to downtown.

Room Tip: You can walk right into the shopping mall thru a connecting corridor and try Malaysian food with any...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bandar Seri Begawan, null, Brunei
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Whenever I went to Kota Kinabalu to visit my buddies, I always want to stay in Courtyard. The money that I spent for a room is so worth it. I only have to spend RM90 for a courtyard room (with a bed with king-size bed, with an iron, iron board, safety box, hair dryer etc) + buffet bfast for 2.

Secondly, the location of the hotel itself make me decided to stay here (as it is located inside 1 Borneo Hypermall). So, it make me easy to get any foods (variety of fast foods here:kfc, Mc'd, dunkin donut, starbuck, tutti frutti, secret recipe and many moooooooore). And if I feel bored, I can go watching movie, go for bowling, karaoke-ing, spa-ing...

Room Tip: If you need fresh air, I don't think Courtyard room is suitable for you. You might need to stay...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Aimi A
Labuan Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Deluxe Executive Room for 2 nights. Overall I'm quite satisfied with our staying here. The room quite big because we request for an extra bed. I stayed here with my hubby,a year old daughter and teenage sis in law. The room very clean and have big window which my daughter really love it.

Easy access to 1 Borneo mall. So there should be no problem for you to shop or to eat. A great value hotel. We only paid for RM140 per night which we booked online and it's including breakfast. The breakfast is okay. They change menu everyday. As for me,it's worth it for the price that we paid.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank VeeYHM
la trinidad
Reviewed 20 December 2012

THE management was kind enough to accept our payment upon check in instead of prepayment considering that we were 15 in the group. We slept comfortably and the service was great. their buffet breakfast is served on the 6th floor with a fantastic view. they have shuttles that bring you to the city although the mall is already quite big at 1Borneo Hypermall! Free wifi zones on the 6th floor and the lobby although if you bring your laptop you could use the internet cable in your rooms.you have to specify i guess that you prefer a room with a view so they can give you that .

Room Tip: always specify what room you want (room with a view and not facing the wall cement?)and also ask for...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 November 2012

It's not an expensive hotel so I can't expect much. The wall papers are coming apart. There is stains everywhere, room is badly lit so it is dim with some light bulbs not working and worst of all no windows in the lowest category room - courtyard room. No bedroom slippers but has basic toiletries such as soap, shampoo etc. Room is very small and smells of cigarette. Definitely did not feel clean.

The good part is they provide free Internet in room but you gotta request for a cable (no wifi) to which they delivered promptly. Breakfast was just meh..few variety and taste was so-so, nothing great.

Overall my experience was not good but perhaps the higher category rooms might be better.

Room Tip: Don't go for the 2 lowest category room! They don't have any windows at all and the size is...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank CTHC

Travellers are raving about these Kota Kinabalu hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Well, despite the location, it has nothing that can amaze or delight me.

We have ordered airport pick up from Kota Kinabalu Terminal 2. Upon arrival, there was no welcoming card, or notes as indication. I have to search in and out for the driver, which there was no hotel logo on the uniform.

Upon check in, there was no greeting from our hotel staff and receptionist. The receptionists did not give any smile to guests at all. When we ask question, they did not answer us by looking at us, instead of looking at the computer. I understand it was peak season but don't we deserve a standard service?

The hotel is actually upgrading my parents room. It was wonderful. However, the room was quite smelly upon check in, so do the parlour. I was staying in Courtyard Room. The room is quite nice, but it was too dim. And the flush in toilet always make noise, which kinda disturbing.

The view of Elusion Lounge is simply amazing. The staff are friendly as well (they are far more excellent that those receptionists). However, I think due to staff shortage, they did not
have time to clear the table and clean the floor. The table was quite dirty every time we had our breakfast.

A night before check out, we double confirmed with a receptionist that we have ordered airport transfer, They confirmed it and promise that we are able to check out on 5.30am, with airport transfer service waiting for us upon check out. However, upon check out, we saw no transportation waiting for us. We asked the reception personnel again, he seems to have no clue regarding this matter. After he called the driver, he found out that the driver has overslept. This is ridiculous!!! We have no choice but to call a taxi and forfeit the airport transfer service. Thank God we did that, if not, we had been late for our flight.

No more returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room close to lift. It is very very noisy. The Courtyard room is smaller than you can imagine...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family