1 City Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Suang Hee(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
New Sabah Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Qbic Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Horizon Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
High Street Inn(Kota Kinabalu)
Summer Lodge(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
Mandarin Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
Ang's Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Lucky 11 Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Room Service
All reviewsroom was cleanshampoo and soapwalking distancesmall hotellocationreceptionistwifikotataxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Good location, nice foods can be find easily, room is clear and conforable! Shopping, market, restaurant are walking distant. Price acceptance! One night about 90 to 120.

Don't buy beer at supermarket. Just drink at kopi stall or restaurant. U'll be surprise at the pricing.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed in 1 City Hotel for most of the time we were in KK and used it as our base to explore Mt KK as well as Manukan Island. The staff at the reception was friendly and she recommended us places to try out local food and reputable speed boat services to Manukan Island.

The room itself was more than what we could have asked for. We were a group of 4 staying in a family suite. There was a queen size bed, a super single bed and two extra foldable beds for us.

No breakfast provided but the good location allowed us to explore the area for cheap and good food.

Do not be put off by the dingy exterior and you will find a hidden gem.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chengleaf
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Our room was clean and cozy, and the staff were really nice. For the price we have paid for, this was such a great value! We booked 4 rooms here for 3 nights, and all 8 of us were happy with our stay. There are also lots of restaurants in the area.

Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights upon reading a good review in Tripadvisor. For a 1st timer in KK, the area will set you off immediately, what with the old building, smelly side street & the slow moving traffic during the day (but quiet at night). Nevertheless, the location is really great, very near Waterfront where I saw the most stunningly beautiful sunset ever, where I get my fresh seafood dinners or just spending my free time for a leisure walk. Jesselton Point is also quite near but I always took a cab for RM10 fee (meter starts at RM10 in KK, no choice).
I took a super deluxe king plus 1 'squeaky' extra bed for RM138. The room size is adequate, the bed is comfy, the ac is working fine, the bathroom even though small but very clean & has a shower head the size of your head. The staffs are always accommodating & smiling. Elevator, room service & free wi-fi provided.

Unfortunately, the room has thin wall!! If you have a really insensitive neighbor who watch tv with the sound blaring to the max, sleep is the last thing you can get in the room. Happened to me on the last night, I knocked on the wall to let him/her know about this but he/she turned the volume on even higher. I told the staff about this but it seems they can't do much because hours later the crazy neighbor still enjoying the tv. I'd rather pay extra for a better & nicer hotel in KK next time.

A firm reminder to all holidaymakers in KK, make sure you get a reliable car owner/company who can deliver the car you want before your planned trip or else the whole journey will be disrupted. Happened to me last time, waited for an hour before the car owner called and told me the car is no longer available even though I've confirmed the booking 2 days before.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank NJQistina
Reviewed 25 January 2012

1st Time staying in this hotel. Below are some of the things i can share:

Location - Just right at the center of the town. A sea front about 5 minutes walk with a local
wet market perfect for local culture shopping & experience. Around the hotel you can
find 24hrs KFC, local eatery, bars & clubs. The nearest shopping mall about 10
minutes walk is Wisma Merdeka.

Rooms - 1st night stayed at a King Size Bed room on the 3rd floor. 2nd night stayed in a
Queen size Bed room (last minute booking). Cost for both type of rooms are the
same at RM98 per night by their online booking website with full payment ahead.
The King size Bed room seem to be bigger to me but not much of a issue. Room
comes with Free Wifi internet but you need to get the password from the Reception.
Wifi is not very usable during my 2 nights stay (did not get to surf the net). The
room is clean enough for my stay with the price paid.

Service - Staff is good. Remember for those who is checking out on the last day to update
their keycard before proceeding to their room after 1200 noon. I even got a call
from the hotel to my mobile that morning on my check out day to confirm my
departure time. (This is still acceptable to me compare what I have experience
from a International Chain Hotel - refer to my other review)

Room Tip: Room facing the roads will be bright because of the street lights during the night
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple