“Warisan square .... Everything in one place”
Review of Warisan Square

Warisan Square
Reviewed 9 April 2013

If you are not looking for luxury ... Then this is the place for you, cheap eatery, spa heaven and everything else in between ... Very convenient

3  Thank mimidjuliana

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Perhaps I didn't spend enough time in this mall, I didn't enjoy the place, found the structure confusing too. Its location is good though, near Filipino market, town centre, night market and all.

I stopped by frequently during my trip because that's where I took the free shuttle to my hotel in 1Borneo.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, East Malaysia, a wonderful spot to relax, so some mountain climbing, take a relaxing train ride through the jungles of Borneo, enjoy great food and friendship, and shop. Malaysia (Truly Asia) is truly a fun destination.
The only problem I have encountered anywhere in Malaysia, are the unethical taxi drivers, and they seem to pop up everywhere, from Penang to the north, to Kota Kinabalu, charging what they want as I am sure Malaysian Taxi drivers think everyone who visits, anywhere in Malaysia, is a millionaire. They all have fair meters but choose to just pick a number out of the thin blue air and hit you with it hoping you will accept their outlandish offers. Yesterday I asked a driver how much the fare was from one destination to the other. He told me 2 ringgit but when I got to my destination he tried to charge me 20 ringgit. (By the way, a local family of three was charged 2 ringgit.) Another taxi driver quoted me 4 to 6 ringgit for a fare but when I got to my destination the cost was 20 ringgit.
I don’t know why the Malaysian Department of Transport, or whoever is in charge of Taxi drivers, does not do something about this outlandish problem they have of Taxi drivers charging whatever they want. The government of Malaysia spend millions of ringgits in advertising Malaysia (truly Asia) as a premier destination in Southeast Asia and then disappointing us all with its (seemingly) lack of control over its number one tourism promoter, the Taxi driver. As a traveler we all have many questions about where we are, what to see and what to do. Whatever you do, don’t ask a Taxi driver. He will give you good local knowledge and then charge you like you were flying Malaysia Air business class to get you there.
And oh, Warisan Square is average for shopping.

1  Thank growler202
Reviewed 31 May 2012

A typical asian mall with small novelty shops selling souvenir items, a few restaurants, designer shops, and health shops. You can get cheaper souvenir items from the night and sunday markets. If you are a Starbucks addict, drop by here to get your Starbucks coffee and tumbler collection. Best service there is the free bus trip to 1Borneo. Tourists are given priority in the bus.

1  Thank joanlovesnorkeling
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

A simple shopping mall with food outlets, spa or massage outlets, appraels, and a few hotel nearby. Located infront of The Waterfront. If ur a tourist, take the shuttle bus to 1 Borneo Mall for free! Juz register at the bus stop with your name and which hotel your stating in. The bus stop is located infront of Royal Sporting House.

Bus is avilable every 30minutes interval.

1Borneo mall have two hotels (Tune Hotel and Boreo Hotel).
Plus, while your at Warisan Square, walk across the street to the famous Filipino market for a feel of night market, local delights, wet market and handicraft for souveniors.

2  Thank Shannon C