“In transit only”

Ranked #49 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Melbourne
“In transit only”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We used this hotel for the start and finish point of a guided tour of Sabah. For that purpose it is ok given that the rooms are very tight with little space to place suitcases.there is no frig and you need to go offsite for breakfast. On the plus side it is close to the wharf restaurant s and markets. Also free wifi. Reception staff friendly and can converse in English.
Bottom line: best for an inexpensive one night stay.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Booked in here for 2 nights. When I arrived the room wasnt ready. Left my luggage at the hotel and went out. When I got back it still wasnt ready. The reception staff are not that helpfull and couldnt tell me when it would be ready. Eventually they had the room ready by 4pm. The room wasnt that big and had no window. Everything worked in the room and it was comfortable. The bathroom has a sewerage smell coming from the drains. In the evenings it sounds like you are sleeping under a waterfall, this is apparently only the water in the pipes. Not the greatest of hotels for the price and very much doubt I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I arrived at 7pm for a three day stay at Myne Hotel. On arrival I was told my room wasn't ready. I thought this was a bit odd given that it was well past the 3pm (already late) check in. The receptionist suggested I go away and have dinner and a beer somewhere and to come back in 30 minutes. I did just that although all I wanted to do was take a shower and relax in the room I had paid for. 45 minutes later I came back to the hotel. The room still wasn't ready. I waited about an hour to get to my room.

The next day I woke up and went out for breakfast. When I came back the door to the block I was staying in was closed and could not be opened. I went back to reception to report that I couldn't get back to my room. Maintenance came and opened the door.

The same afternoon after spending time at the beach I came back and the door was closed again. This time maintenance weren't in the building. I had to wait in the lobby for 15 minutes for the maintenance guy to come back to open the door. 15 minutes later I was back in my room. Time to watch some TV...or so I thought. I turned on the TV only to find that the TV wasn't working.

Don't get me started on the room safety box. I had to call the maintenance every one of the three days that I stayed at Myne hotel. They must have been sick to death of seeing me.

It's just one thing after another with this "hotel". The reality is that it's a collection of rooms in a shopping centre more like an apartment building than a hotel. For the money you pay I'd recommend you pay the same or less in another hotel or guesthouse where you will get the service and facilities you deserve.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Daragh B
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 December 2012

According to the staff, our room (B506) was the only free room available, so we were not able to change it. As my partner was sick/weak, we could not change to another hotel and stayed for three nights. Throughout the whole time we had problems with running water. It was on sometimes, but mostly off. In addition the room (on top floor) was very noisy with a big A/C vent next to it. The service was on low level: No vacuum cleaning under the bed for a long time, no towels (we got some after asking), not light bulbs in the reading lights (we got some after asking twice). Finally, after some discussions we got a discount from 168RM per night to 148RM.
I recommend to go to a backpacker hostel instead, e.g. Masada Backpacker, where we stayed before: We paid half the price (80RM) for a clean double with shared showers and toilets (running water 24/7), the place was much quieter, staff friendly and helpful and breakfast included (not so in Myne).
When changing to the Myne hotel, we hoped for an upgrade in order to increase the healing process of my sick partner, but in truth it was a depressing downgrade.

Room Tip: Avoid room B506, probably all rooms on top floor: Problems with running water, lot of A/C noise
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hylla

Travellers are raving about these Kota Kinabalu hotels

Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We need to change room few times after check-in.
1st room : Safe-box not functioning / TV no channel / Air-cond not cold / Wall paper torn
Maintainance staff was sent to yhe room to fixed the safe-box and TV but the result is he don't anything how to fix the safe-box and tune TV channel.

THEN change to second room

2nd room : Same problem

THEN change to third room

3rd room : Same problem and more worst ...no water supply. When we call the staff inform that under repair and water supply will be ok after 1 hour.
After 1 hour there is water supply but the preasure was very very low. We complain again and was inform that maintainance in process repair the water pump.
At the end we only can brush our teeth and wash face before sleep.
The next morning when we need to shower for our meeting another SURPRISE!!! Totally no water supply in our room. We go down to Seven Eleven Shop and bought 5 big bottle mineral water for us to clean up our body. HUH!!!
Can you guys imagine that we met Chief Minister of Sabah without shower!!! Just spray extra perfume and yet still not comfortable.
Even though we booked for 3 nights we check-out the next morning. So call boutique hotel!!!
Lousy and totally run down.
More worst... even though we complain..the hotel manager just take it easy like nothing happen.

Room Tip: Make sure there is water supply or before unpack your luggage please check your room facilities
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank galileoguesthouse
Labuan Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

1. I stayed this hotel only for 1 night and it is very simple yet nice hotel.
2. Do have internet connection but on the night the connection breakdown.
3. Location very strategic if you want to go to nearest area like market,food restaurant and etc.
4. The enviroment of the room very nice with bontique style of design.
5. Overall this hotel is ok to stay but if the price lower a bit will much better.

• Stayed October 2012
Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Room: The room is quite small.. yet the furniture inside are modern.. even a Superior Room, they provide LCD plasma TV. The bed was comfort with Queen Size Bed. Lighting also ideal which create the room atmosphere calm.

Bathroom - Amenties inside the toilet are complete. Even a boutique hotel, it also provide shaver and toothbrush. The bathroom is clean with hot shower provided.

Location: 3 minutes walk to Centre Point Sabah as the hotel located at Warisan Square which is just BEHIND Centre Point. Ideal for shoppholic.

Money: If there are promotion, the room is a good deal as the pricing per night are RM150++ for a small cosy room which is exclude breakfast as this hotel doesn't have restaurant. (but McD nearby.. only 8 minutes walk to Api-api Centre.

Service: Good. Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: 3 minutes walk to Centre Point. Inside the hotel area also a shopping mall - Warisan Square
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends