Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu
US$201
US$140
Hotels.com
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$136
US$120
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa(Kota Kinabalu)
US$291
US$266
Shangri-La.com
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$110
US$57
US$161
US$116
  • Breakfast included
The Klagan Regency(Kota Kinabalu)
US$63
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
US$98
US$73
Agoda.com
All reviewswater dispenserwalking distanceseafoodrooms are smallsingle roomlcd tvsliding doorironing boardshort staycomfy bedgaya streetshopping mallstandard roomlocal foodeasy accessstrategic locationsea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our hotel room was so small that you could only walk along one side of a double bed. Along the other three sides of the bed were two walls and the TV. The room barely fit the double bed. I say this room is dingy because the sheets, towels and mattresses really have seen better days and need to be replaced. I didn't sleep the whole night through any of the three nights we were there - due to the terrible shape of the mattress. The air con was about as effective as a person blowing air in the room, and we had to leave it on all day just to have a slightly cooled room for the evening.

The service was poor also. If I called the front desk I would either have to leave the phone ringing for a couple of minutes or call back many times to be answered at all. If I wanted to ask a question at the front desk the wait time was 5-10 minutes because there wasn't enough staff to deal with the number of customers. This hotel just seems tooo large for the number of staff trying to run it. There are nicer and more comfortable hotels in KK and I say avoid this one if you can.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Got a triple room, which sleeps three people comfortably. Nice views from the highest floor (12th floor). Only a small number of parkings are in the hotel car park, so if you're driving, make sure you get one, otherwise the parking outside the hotel is charged by the hour. Around 15 minutes walking to Gaya Market, which opens on Sunday mornings only, with a lot of local products around.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mseera
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great value budget hotel. Safe and clean. Rooms are very cramped - furniture almost doesn't fit in. Otherwise clean, modern and thoroughly satisfactory. Great food court 5 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel is strategically located in the centre, near to Centre Point. Secure lift with key sensor card, with water dispenser at each floor. Great LCD TV, the image is clear. I was staying at the standard single room, is pretty small but is ok for light traveller like me.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here for a night and although the rooms are tiny, you have everything you need and everything's very clean. I stayed in the Standard Double (sea view) and I found the bathroom to be even bigger than the room itself. The bathroom was clean, modern and felt spacious. There were lots of restaurants right outside the hotel and Gaya Street was only a short 15-minute walk away.

The only downside is that you will need to pay to access the Internet, but it wasn't too expensive. The Wi-Fi connection was a bit sporadic and didn't work all the time, but I think that might have been KK thing as I found the Wi-Fi connection here to be rather unstable.

I highly recommend this hotel to travelers who are out and about during the entire day and only need a comfortable place to shower and sleep. If you're the type who wish to hang out in the hotel room a lot, then I would probably upgrade to a bigger room or head to another hotel.

Room Tip: The sea side view really just looked onto the main road with a hint of the ocean, but it was nice to wake up to some natural lighting.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple