“Good location”

Ranked #19 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

The hotel is at an excellent location with many good restaurants and convenience store around. The room is tiny and comfortably decorated, yet the cleanliness is not good enough.The service needs improvement.
Other than that, I think this hotel is fine

3 Thank HinataBaby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

As usual, up to its usual excellent clean rooms and well-functioning facilities. I was disappointed with the service this time around. Half an hour to check in with only one staff member dealing with a queue of clients while a few others mingled around doing nothing. It was a good 15 mins before someone decided to go get a supervisor to help check in the rest of us. At other times, the staff was nonchalant and sullen when we asked about wifi passwords.

I'm still giving it 4 stars strictly because of its cleanliness. If there was an option on service, I'd only give it 1, and that's only because the cleaning staff were nice and friendly.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cynfulwords
Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The hotel is at an excellent location with many good restaurants and convenience store around. Free parking is provided. The room is tiny and comfortably decorated, yet the cleanliness is not good enough. I found a small spider web on the wall of my room.

The service needs improvement. I stayed there for six nights but I wasn't provided with the floor towel until the third night. There was a night that no towel was provided as the laundry service provider failed to deliver the washed towels to the hotel on time. The hot water supply was not steady. Sometimes it was suspended for several minutes. Customers should check it before taking a shower.

I have made a local call for 12 mins 16 secs by the hotel phone. The first bill asked me to pay RM25.9. Then the frontline staff said the system had an error and rectified that I needed to pay RM12.95, the rate was Rm1 for 1 minute. When I asked why the call was not charged on a prorate basis, the staff member said calls of less than 1 minute would be charged as 1 minute. Then I challenged why the bill did not charge RM13 but RM12.95. The frontline said I could pay more if I wanted to…Gee! Was the computer calculating arbitrarily? Was there a transparent charging scheme for the telephone service? I doubted, but I had no time to clarify this point with them. My suggestion to travelers who are going to stay in this hotel is to get rid of the pay services here, especially the telephone. I found similar reviews after I was back to my hometown. Other than that, I think this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: Do not use the telephone in the room. It's over-charged.
1 Thank Pumpking
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We booked through hotels.com and upon arrival they asked for a printout of the voucher. It doesnt help if we send by email or show the email on the ipad in front of them. Our room was not very clean (there was hair in the entrance and toilet), checking in of 30minutes (without counting waiting in line) and very very small rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CFR28
CititelExpressKK, Hotel Manager at Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu and thank you for staying with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for keep you waiting during check in process. Sometimes we may encounter some website booking was not sent to us on time due to technical error. Therefore, in order to verify the booking and the payments, we may spend more time to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding between our guest and the hotel. We feel sorry that it has taken you so much time.

We also noted your comments on the cleanliness and will definitely look into this for improvement. We hope that you do have a nice trip to Kota Kinabalu.

Best regards,
Sherry Yee

Travellers are raving about these Kota Kinabalu hotels

Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Like the other reviewer said.this hotel has mostly small rooms, we had twin superior room without window..well, superior room should be better than standard in my perspective view, amirite? But it seems the standard room is better CMIIW. The front desk seems superbusy and I have to wait like 15 minutes standing in front of them without greetings from them and none of them asked me do I need any help or not. The receptionist repeatedly ask me to forward the confirmation of the online hotel booking (for what? They should have a copy sent to their email, do they?) without giving me the wifi access code, since im also forget to ask, so I have to go down again for the wifi code. The superior twin w/o window has 2 single beds combined into 1 king size bed..funny isn't it? Thats how small the room are. The room respectively clean and the toilet also clean with basic amenities. Unfortunately the drainhole in our room #511 blocked so the water can not drained well. The good thing is this hotel are surrounded with abundance of cheap delicious restaurant. There is 1 seafood restaurant on the asia city mall complex at the right far edge of the right front side of the hotel itself provide a really good deal with superb taste! It takes 5 mins walk to that place.please notice that the restaurant has limited tables, so first come first serve applied there.i forget the restaurant name..sorry.
Taxi you can easily get at the hotel, and access to almost tourist attraction are great. If you decide to do shopping in KK, this hotel can be put on your list. I really hope the hotel management can serve the custommer better. Have a nice trip travelers!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu and thank you for staying with us.

Thank you for your feedback and comment about the service and the maintenance of the hotel. Your comments and suggestion are vital for us to keep improving our products and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu again.

Best regards,
Sherry Yee
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Its clean but very basic. This hotel has small room. Not comfortable to move around the room. No luggage space. No complimentary tea/coffee, kettle inside the room. They do provide a small room plus ironing room where they placed hot water dispenser. There's hole in the bathroom. You can hear the next door guest activities. Its close to pharmacy and one halal chinese restaurant which serves great food

Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

The worse experience ever small room n crazy price.. Cant get refund coz bok online but i rather get out from the box.. No window in the room n very diffcult to move around.. Basicly every one need to sit down while 1 person move.. Dats how small it is...

• Stayed December 2012