“Great Experient. Great place to Stay.”

Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu
Ranked #20 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Cititel Express is a great place to stay for a budget hotel. Being a budget hotel the rooms are small but very neat & tidy with a clean & relatively spacious bathroom for a small room .
The staff are pleasant & accomodating. The normal check in time is 2 P.M . however as our flight arrived in the morning we were allowed at early check in with an additional charge of MYR 30.
The hotel is centrally located with a short walk to a couple of the malls & a few minutes drive to the Jetty.
Would definitely recommend Cititel Express if your looking for a budget hotel

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 October 2010

This hotel met and exceeded my expectations. The room was very small but so was the price. I stayed there for two and one half weeks in July, 2010. The service was excellent.
The room was kept very clean and well-stocked. The front desk was always friendly and helpful. The location was very good, just a few blocks from the South China Sea and all the down town shops. I would liken it to a JV Holiday Inn Express for one fourth the cost.
There were not many Americans in KK but I enjoyed my time there. I did not try the restaurant in the lobby. The internet cost about $3 per day and was fast enough and reliable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Honestly, from experiences in China and other countries, the image of a 2* hotel invoke the worst pictures in my mind. But I was prepared to brave it for the sake of budget. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. First, the hotel is new. It is less than one year old at the time of my stay. The service at the counter was as good as any 5* hotel I've stayed in Singapore. It is a building by itself and its size was average, not too large, not too small, so moving around the hotel was very convenient.
I stayed in a single room. Despite descriptions of no view, there is a narrow tall window which allows the guest to look out and have privacy with the use of curtains. The room is very clean. I would say, even cleaner than my own house sometimes. And the bathroom is spacious with soap, shampoo, towels and other toiletries provided. I felt very cosy in the room.
For a solo traveller like me, a clean budget comfortable hotel in the middle of shopping complexes is almost a dream come true. Once you step out of the hotel, you are in the middle of a maze of shopping complexes. Breakfast is not provided, but who cares? I need not spend a lot on expensive restaurants but have tons of local eateries to choose from the many shopping complexes around. Shopping is also convenient with a wide range of choices.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank dorisyong
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I just got back last night from kk, and while we were there, we stayed at the Cititel Express.

From the time we got to the hotel, we were greeted with warm genuine smiles.

Check in was a breeze and the staff were very helpful and polite.

The hotel is situated in the middle of the city so finding food is not a problem.

Malls and the water front are all situated within walking distance. Guardian is smacked right outside the hotel to the right.

We stayed in the superior triple room, and it was heavenly. we got a city view of the town from our room.

Room = clean
Toilet = sparkling

we called for extra pillows and got it within 3 minutes! staff are all very nice, polite and really helpful

as we were situated on the 12th floor, there were no water dispensers as the other floors have, when i asked a staff, thinking that i might have missed the water dispensers on our floor, she said that she could go down to the floor below and get it for me.. i told her it was ok :) I could do it...

Imagine, they would go out of their way, to make sure that you get everything you need to make your stay with them a memorable one.

the superior double rooms are a little small, but they have designed it in such a way that even though it is small, you feel so comfortable and cozy the minute you step in.

My 2 year old daughter really loves the hotel. she was running up and down, and always stopping at the window to see the view and go "wow!!!"..and we could even see mount kinabalu from our window!!

The second day that we were there, we went out for a wedding dinner and carelessly forgot to shut our room door tight. when we got back everything was still in place and we did not lose anything.

If we were in another hotel, there were surely tons of things that would have been missing.

Getting a cab is easy as they have a taxi stand right outside the hotel.

I would like to thank Michael [manager], Denna and Jeremy [receptionists] and also the whole housekeeping crew for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris_Mackenzie17
Reviewed 25 September 2010

The hotel is clean, good service but the room is very small with limited space to walk around the bed.It is conveniently place near the open air market with different varities of things to see and buy all day and night.Close to Philippine market too with craft things to buy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2010

A Great 3 Star hotel, only 1year old, centrally located in Kota Kinabalu in a wonderful shoppers paradise, surrounded by all different types of cuisines. Simply a clean compact, modern, cosy no-frills room with a view. Loved the Iced and hot water dispensing machine near the lifts on each floor and the personal safe in the room. Lobby cafe on the ground floor. Easy check-in and check-out, very helpful front-of-house staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2010

If you're looking for a good hotel close to everything and very good value for money, this is THE place! I traveled with my wife and 2year old son and we could not asked for a better place to stay, from the location, to the hotel, to the staff. This hotel definitely exceeded our expectations! Highly recommended!

Oh and by the way, if you're traveling with kids, better consider renting a whole van/car for the whole day than go for a group tour. Its definitely more comfortable and a whole lot CHEAPER! I can even recommend the cab driver that toured us in KK. Let me know if you need his number.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family