“Terrible indeed.”

The Chicken Rice Shop
Ranked #412 of 594 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Ive been there quite a few times, however, their SERVICE problems had never been improved. Today, I went to eat there coz I was craving for the Pai Tee. As I sat down, it took me 5minutes just to ask for the menu book. Then it took me another 5minutes just to TRY calling the waitress to order. Ive ordered Hainanese Soy Sauce chicken, it was prepared probably around 10minutes. Bad thing was, the chicken was not fully cook. ITS PINK, with RED BLOODS at the bone area. The bean sprouts was not cooked, rasa freshly mentah dari plastik. Sigh, and when I tried to pay the bills, Ive called the waitress 5 times dy, she never came. I went to the counter and looked for the waitress/cashier, they ignored me and keep on chatting in the kitchen. Why pay 5% service charge with this kind of service? This will be my last time coming to this shop. I like the foods there, but the service? Please, don't waste time there.

There are newer reviews for The Chicken Rice Shop

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Since we weren't used to the taste of Malaysia. we didn't want to go there and we decided to give it another try. I like it but my sister still hate it. Malaysian people will love it>

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I went to the chicken rice shop situated atSuria Mall. Nothing to shout about on the food. the roasted chicken dish was cold and the drink was just pathetic.

The service was just okay.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

wide selection ... but wont recommend of their food.
just .... not worth it, and dont find the food nice there.

if possible, i will go for another option than going there again.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Poor service. And the price is not worth it. I can get much cheaper chicken rice at a hawker stall with better service. This is just too disappointing.