“what a great place to stay excellent value”
Review of Hotel Eden54

Hotel Eden54
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We found Eden 54 at the tourist office and what a gem we found. Ling Ling the manager is most helpful and very friendly, she obviously loves her job as this comes across in her enthusiasm to help, and she is also very proud of the hotel.
The hotel very clean and contemporary, bed is very comfortable and is cleaned every day. The hotel is also quiet and relaxing. Although there is no breakfast, there is a supermarket and coffee bar 2 doors away where you could buy fresh ground coffee and a selection of pastries which we brought back and ate in the lounge whilst reading the daily papers and chatting to other guests. The Jesselton Pier, with its boats to the islands, is only a few minutes walk away and the town centre is a few minutes the other direction. Alfred the owner was lovely and very friendly he deserves the hotel to be a great success and to one day have the reputation of the shangri-la. So thank you both for a very comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Eden54

994 - 1,000 of 1,197 reviews

Reviewed 16 March 2010

It's my first visit to Kota Kinabalu and after reading the reviews from tripadvisor on Eden54, I didn't hesitate to book a room there. After 2 nights there, I can say Eden54 definitely deserves the number 1 rating on tripadvisor. The rate is reasonable and I can say, it's definitely a steal at its low rate. The bed is so comfy that I slept well on both nights and the room is clean and new. The friendliness of the staff, namely Ling and Rosanne definitely made my stay more memorable. They even gave good advice on where to eat and the scenic spots to take fantastic photographs. I will definitely go back there again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2010

My friends and I have been staying at Hotel Eden 54 and I have been blown away from the service! The hotel owner and staff are so friendly that they feel like family. They have gone out of their way to suggest ideas of what to do, where to eat, even helped us organise transport and accommodation at Mt Kinabalu!
The rooms are clean, new, and the same as the pictures (no surprises), the location is very central to the city, nightlife and jesselton pier to go to islands. Very good rates and value for money.
Definitely highest recommendation for Eden 54 - they have made my stay in KK fantastic and I will come back again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I loved this place, I stayed here with my husband and parents for 6 nights. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the facilities comfortable, the location ideal and the price is incredible value. What sets this place apart from anyother is the service, every member of staff makes it their personal goal to see that you are happy. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and faultlessly attentive. I was actually sad to leave this place. If you are staying in KK and have the budget then this would be the only choice. The supermarket, coffee shop and fruit stall downstairs are very handy. Try their restaurant Rasa Nonya on the same street for the best kung pow chicken ever! If you are reading this Alfred, Rosanna, Ling Ling, James and the team...thanks for everything and we hope to see you in Egypt to repay the hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I would definitely agree with previous reviewers.
Based on my 6 nights experience this hotel is truly the best value in every sense. It `s completely new and very well maintained. The staff is excellent because they really take good and attentive care of their guests, providing them all required information and a warm welcome every day!

What impressed me the most I had the same experience when the owner ran after us to make sure that we had understood his directions. Then he treated us with breakfast in a nearby local coffee shop.
I would definitely recommend Hotel Eden54 to anyone visiting Kota Kinabalu.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Service was that perfect that we would even give them a 10 if possible ... Never had that nice people sitting at the reception and helping one in really everything ... Don't choose a worse hotel but just come here ... Hope to come back here once in the future ... Best regards from your Germans and islandic guests !!! Thanks for all

Reviewed 8 March 2010

An excellent place to stay when travelling to KK. It is situated in a quiet part of the city, but not far from everything. Location-wise, it is a good 5 minute walk to Jesselton Point for trips to the nearby islands. There is also the Suriah Sabah mall close by (although this has just opened and is still quite bare). Everything you need is just a short walk away. My wife loved the supermarket beside the hotel.

The owners are all too accomodating and we are thankful for making our wedding anniversary very memorable. A special shout-out goes to Ling Ling who was always very helpful. This hotel makes sure to go the extra mile when delivering service. After checking out today and spending the day walking around, we asked if we could take a shower in their hotel. They immediately said yes, gave us new towels, and even gave us their complimentary shampoo and soap. They also let us print our flight itinerary free of charge (cant expect that from a huge hotel chain).

The rooms are immaculately clean, decors are modern and the bath and shower is perfect. They also provided us with extra pillows. There is also a refrigerator beside the reception area, where we just got drinks in the middle of the night when we were thirsty and we just paid for them in the morning. Saved us the hassle of venturing out at 3AM.

This hotel deserves its #1 status in TA. For the location...the cleanliness...the hospitality...service...and of course, the price(!)..it definitely can't be beat. Highly recommended and we will definitely stay there again when we return to KK.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple