“Good for KK”
Review of Hotel Eden54

Hotel Eden54
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I can see why this hotel is well rated on Trip advisor. It is fantastic for the price and in a great location between the centre of KK and Jessleton point jetty where all the boats leave from for the islands. There is also a really nice super market right next door and Jalan Gaya has plenty of restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets.

The rooms were comfy and clean although we did get given towels that were stained and there isn't a lot of space, also they give tea and coffee but not enough milk and sugar for both so you have to ask for more. Having said this though it is very good for its price range those are just minor things, overall it is a really pleasant hotel.

The only thing I would recommend is that you make reservations and check them before you arrive as we had trouble both times we arrived at the hotel. The first time we booked via their website three days before we were due to arrive and they only replied on the day we were due to arrive when we were already traveling and could not check our e-mails. So when we turned up they didn't have us down on their list. They did manage to find space for us but we had to move rooms twice, each time though they came to help us move our bags so it wasn't too difficult and they were very apologetic about it.

The second time we e-mailed the owner 2 days before arriving and then couldn't check our e-mails at all, this time when we arrived they couldn't fit us in but they had arranged for us to stay in another hotel just down the road. These problems were probably mostly our fault but I think their booking system could be better and I would definitely recommend booking as much in advance as you can as they are very busy.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 March 2010

I traveled alone to Kota Kinabalu, but when I arrived, I felt like I had family!! This hotel's staff is amazing. I was very sad to leave them! I was a little wary when booking because the hotel is new, and I couldn't find reviews on it. But I was blessed for sure! The hotel was so clean and comfortable. The location is great also, close to everything. I can't believe I didn't pay more for what I got. What a great value!! Don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Clean simple rooms, for our climb of mount Kinabalu. Location is excellent, well the town is tiny anyway, but there is an excellent italian restaurant (stone oven) right around the corner, and everything you need within a walk away.

We were exhausted from climbing, but the management (Rosanne, Alfred and Ling Ling helped us greatly, driving us to a nearby restaurant late at night, making coffees for us in the morning, and arranging massages to fix our weary bodies. Fantastic service, topping off excellent value rooms.

The hotel has free wifi, and also a computer. Would certainly stay again at Eden54 next time we are back for the mountain!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We found Eden 54 at the tourist office and what a gem we found. Ling Ling the manager is most helpful and very friendly, she obviously loves her job as this comes across in her enthusiasm to help, and she is also very proud of the hotel.
The hotel very clean and contemporary, bed is very comfortable and is cleaned every day. The hotel is also quiet and relaxing. Although there is no breakfast, there is a supermarket and coffee bar 2 doors away where you could buy fresh ground coffee and a selection of pastries which we brought back and ate in the lounge whilst reading the daily papers and chatting to other guests. The Jesselton Pier, with its boats to the islands, is only a few minutes walk away and the town centre is a few minutes the other direction. Alfred the owner was lovely and very friendly he deserves the hotel to be a great success and to one day have the reputation of the shangri-la. So thank you both for a very comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2010

It's my first visit to Kota Kinabalu and after reading the reviews from tripadvisor on Eden54, I didn't hesitate to book a room there. After 2 nights there, I can say Eden54 definitely deserves the number 1 rating on tripadvisor. The rate is reasonable and I can say, it's definitely a steal at its low rate. The bed is so comfy that I slept well on both nights and the room is clean and new. The friendliness of the staff, namely Ling and Rosanne definitely made my stay more memorable. They even gave good advice on where to eat and the scenic spots to take fantastic photographs. I will definitely go back there again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2010

My friends and I have been staying at Hotel Eden 54 and I have been blown away from the service! The hotel owner and staff are so friendly that they feel like family. They have gone out of their way to suggest ideas of what to do, where to eat, even helped us organise transport and accommodation at Mt Kinabalu!
The rooms are clean, new, and the same as the pictures (no surprises), the location is very central to the city, nightlife and jesselton pier to go to islands. Very good rates and value for money.
Definitely highest recommendation for Eden 54 - they have made my stay in KK fantastic and I will come back again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I loved this place, I stayed here with my husband and parents for 6 nights. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the facilities comfortable, the location ideal and the price is incredible value. What sets this place apart from anyother is the service, every member of staff makes it their personal goal to see that you are happy. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and faultlessly attentive. I was actually sad to leave this place. If you are staying in KK and have the budget then this would be the only choice. The supermarket, coffee shop and fruit stall downstairs are very handy. Try their restaurant Rasa Nonya on the same street for the best kung pow chicken ever! If you are reading this Alfred, Rosanna, Ling Ling, James and the team...thanks for everything and we hope to see you in Egypt to repay the hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple