Hotel Eden54
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Little Gaya Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Wah May Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Grandis(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Breakfast included
The Jesselton Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
Gaya Centre Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Garden(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Capital(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Tuaran Beach Resort(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Kinabalu Daya Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Breakfast included
1,218 results
All reviewsling lingcommunal fridgejesselton pointtong hingsmall kitchenwalking distancegaya streetstudio roomboutique hotelsuria sabahfree wifino liftsunday marketfirst floorno windowhome away from homelocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We stayed in the Hotel for 4 nights in July. Location is perfect, very close to the jetty which is very nice because when you want to go to one of the islands in front of Kota Kinabalu you only have to walk a few minutes to get on the boats that run to the islands very frequent.
The room we had was very clean and so is the bathroom. We had a room with 2 double beds. The staff is very friendly and give you all the advise you need.
They don't serve breakfast in the hotel, but next to the hotel is a great supermarket where you can buy everything you need. There is also a shop located very close to the hotel where you can buy fresh fruit. In the hotel lobby there is a small kitchen that can be used to make your breakfast and there is a fridge where you can store your things.

Reviewed 16 August 2010

This hotel was recommended 100% on Trip Advisor when I was searching for a place, and is still 100% recommended. That speaks for itself. Great place, good value, and excellent service. Definitely ask reception for tips on what to do at KK, they are passionate about the place

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Stayed here in mid-July. Choose this hotel because of the good reviews and that the price was good. We booked the family room and when we arrived it had two queen beds in it. While our daughter likes having one to herself, it made the room very small. Recommend that you request just a single extra bed. Loved the timber floor instead of carpet. We stayed here for 2 nights and found the staff friendly and helpful. They even arranged to have the hire car brought to the door …. however you need to pay the car company in cash. As this is only a two floor hotel, there is no view from the rooms at the back where there is no traffic noise. Entrance to hotel is on street but the accommodation and reception is on the first floor. There is no lift so you will need to carry the bags upstairs. The staff will bring it up for you if required.

Check-in and check-out were both quick and easy. Friendly staff, who are glad to do anything for you. Nice lounge area with toaster and tea making facilities.

Location is close to town, supermarket next door, ATM at bank just pass that. A couple of blocks walk to Wisma Merdaka shopping centre which we found was the best. Other main shopping center was Centre Point at the other end of town.

Room and bathroom were clean. Air conditioner in room was noisy, like most that we came across. Kota Kinabalu airport is to the south of town but all the planes take off over the city so there is some aircraft noise in the room later at night and early in the morning. This is not the hotel fault.

Overall I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2010

I booked this hotel because of its great reviews and the #1 ranking at TA. However, I guess it was my mistake that I didn’t tailor my expectations to the offered price, thus I was disappointed with the rooms. I stayed in both Compact S and D rooms, which faces the back line of an old building and rubbish dump. I was expecting windows with greeneries as shown on the website, but only to realized that not all rooms had that facing.
I must say that it’s a good budget hotel with no frills - adding up to cost for budget travelers, and for traveler type who aren’t too fussy. Unfortunately, I belong to the “fussy type” and I agree with another TA reviewer that some of the reviews oversell the place, thus I’m listing more downside with the place as compared to the upside which could be read in most reviews:
Upside:
Very good service and a big thank you to Ling Ling. Every staff I met was friendly and helpful.
Great location.

Downside (note: these are very minor issues which may not bother you if you are aware that this is a no frills budget hotel) :
Small rooms - This wouldn’t be an issue if size does not bother you: Compact S room had very little room for walking and I had no place to put my luggage bag! I had to put my medium sized luggage (it’s not the big type) on the floor in between the twin bed and couldn’t open it up fully (180 degrees, I can only open 90 degrees). Compact D room is slightly better as it had a queen size bed which gives a bigger walking area by the side of the bed.
No telephone in the rooms! So don’t expect to call operator or room to room. Many times I had to leave my young child in the room and take a short walk to the reception. This caused inconvenience as I’m traveling alone with a young child who may not like to be left alone in the room.
Issues with bathroom: cracks on the toilet seat which I got pinched many times… ouch! In addition, there was no toiletry ledge in the bathroom and there wasn’t sufficient space for me to put my toiletry bag at the sink area either. There was one very miserable holder which is attached to the instant shower unit. It wasn’t big enough for me to put both adults and kids toiletries, thus I had to put them on the floor which makes it troublesome when one had to bath young children.
No hand towel provided… unless you ask for it. Of course no hand towel holder too. The standard is two bath towels and every day I had to ask for hand towels as housekeeping does not replace it. Also, no tissue box is provided so I had to buy my own from the supermarket.
Somehow, I don’t find the bed comfortable and couldn’t get a good night rest throughout my stay. Again, it would not be an issue to you if you aren’t a sensitive sleeper who is used to certain quality comfort back home.

In a nut shell, this place is great if you adjust your expection to the price you are paying and not by it's #1 ranking above 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Matfern
Reviewed 5 August 2010

This is a great hotel with incredibly welcoming, happy staff who do their utmost to help. They helped us with luggage, even gave up their parking space to allow us to park in front of hotel and arranged for laundry to be done with minimum fuss and quickly. Any questions we had on things to do such as trips to Turku Abdul Rahman National Park were answered helpfully and easily. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and there is a communal area where you can sit and make tea, coffee and simple food like toast. There is a fantastic restaurant along the road from the hotel - can't remember the name but beside the very, very busy Chinese restaurant and with a sign saying 'No MSG'. The hot butter prawns, crispy pork and gedongdon juice are the best! Would definitely recommend to others. Worth knowing if you have small children that you can pay for a day's use of the swimming pool facilities at the Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort Hotel about 30 minutes drive from Hotel Eden.