“Not worth a try!”

Kam Kee Bak Kut Teh
Ranked #166 of 652 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Description: A local coffee shop in the heart of Kota Kinabalu serving authentic Bak Kut Teh which is a traditional pork broth dish served with pork meat. Other notable dishes would be the Steamed Herbal Chicken & Stew Pork Trotters.
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Went here to try out Sabah's Bak Kut Teh after we went to the nearby Sunday market. We order our Bak Kut Teh from an old man (I suspect the owner) & he said their "special" is Chicken BKT (I thought BKT special should be pork) & amazingly they don't have anything else on the menu that time but the Chicken BKT. The place was dirty ( got small roach on our table) & service was bad (we waited quite a while before orders being taken eventhough there were hardly any customers & the old man was rude). The Chicken BKT was plain taste & includes small pieces of chickens with its feathers still on! What's even more shocking was when we're ready to pay, he charged us RM15/bowl! I said "how come on the board written RM8.50?". He told me "owh...this is Chicken. Special 1...". We know he lied & took advantage of us tourist but we paid anyway because we don't want to make a scene. So my advice, avoid this stall. If you have to try BKT, try other stalls & don't forget to ask the price of a menu before you order!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The foods are nice and delicious. Fast service. Reasonable price. Always pack with people. Cleanliness of the place is okay. Should upgrade the restaurant and add some tables too.

Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

no one speaks a word of English. asked for the price of their noodle, lady came with a calculator and pressed 6. finally an old man (he is Chinese Malay who speaks cantonese) came in, so i asked why the aloe juice is bitter, he said i m toxic (上火), when he gave me the bill, i asked him why it costed more, he argued with me. when i asked a small portion, they gave me a large one instead. terrible service! never go back there. They cheat. I have been to other family run business, people are much nicer than here.

Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

This place serves one-person size claypots with choice of three soup flavors, original, with 当归 (good for women), or pepper corns. You can also specify the mix of meat. The mixed default has pork ribs, stomach, intestine, liver and pork. Ask for soft ribs. You can chew them and eat them whole.

Absolutely delicious and flavorful.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

A very local, open-air place with menus in English with pictures and staff that speak some English (one girl was great, the others made do). I got the pork noodle soup and milk tea (iced) and it was delicious. The flavors were amazing. My friend got the prawn soup (doesn't come with noodles) and that was also amazing -- very fresh and VERY hot! It came in a clay pot and the soup was boiling when they put it on the table. Low prices, clean food. Not fancy