“Tasteless soup”

Kam Kee Bak Kut Teh
Ranked #166 of 652 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Description: A local coffee shop in the heart of Kota Kinabalu serving authentic Bak Kut Teh which is a traditional pork broth dish served with pork meat. Other notable dishes would be the Steamed Herbal Chicken & Stew Pork Trotters.
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Tasteless soup compare to Yu Kee, no satisfaction as well. Ordered pork intestine however taste bitter. Won't recommend to others.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

used to be regular diner with family there. as times flies, the soup getting tasteless and we asked for refill, the staff only refill half bowl of soup for 5 person sharing. the soup taste like 1 portion added with 5 portion of water and salt. meat portion also getting lesser. even normal person can finished up 2 serving. chopstick and spoons are oily so bring your own wet tissue.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Went here to try out Sabah's Bak Kut Teh after we went to the nearby Sunday market. We order our Bak Kut Teh from an old man (I suspect the owner) & he said their "special" is Chicken BKT (I thought BKT special should be pork) & amazingly they don't have anything else on the menu that time but the Chicken BKT. The place was dirty ( got small roach on our table) & service was bad (we waited quite a while before orders being taken eventhough there were hardly any customers & the old man was rude). The Chicken BKT was plain taste & includes small pieces of chickens with its feathers still on! What's even more shocking was when we're ready to pay, he charged us RM15/bowl! I said "how come on the board written RM8.50?". He told me "owh...this is Chicken. Special 1...". We know he lied & took advantage of us tourist but we paid anyway because we don't want to make a scene. So my advice, avoid this stall. If you have to try BKT, try other stalls & don't forget to ask the price of a menu before you order!

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The foods are nice and delicious. Fast service. Reasonable price. Always pack with people. Cleanliness of the place is okay. Should upgrade the restaurant and add some tables too.

Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

no one speaks a word of English. asked for the price of their noodle, lady came with a calculator and pressed 6. finally an old man (he is Chinese Malay who speaks cantonese) came in, so i asked why the aloe juice is bitter, he said i m toxic (上火), when he gave me the bill, i asked him why it costed more, he argued with me. when i asked a small portion, they gave me a large one instead. terrible service! never go back there. They cheat. I have been to other family run business, people are much nicer than here.