“Exactly what you want in a dive company” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Snorkeling Day Trip with Coral Flyer Zipline in Kota Kinabalu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diverse Borneo is a PADI 5star instructor development center operating in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park off Kota Kinabalu. We specialize in scuba diving activities, teach PADI scuba diving courses, snorkeling, nature tours, mountain climbing and specialized personal trips all over Sabah. Whilst underwater we adhere strictly to PADI world global scuba diving standards whilst maintaining a very high level of safety with small group ratio’s and full serviced safety equipment on board the best dive boats with all the dive team trained in CPR and basic first aid to ensure your safety. Diverse Borneo’s dive team provides a wealth of experience with the best trained instructors in the city that delivers the PADI education to a consistent level above the rest. Above water we provide fully serviced vans with guides that offer tours to all of Sabah’s eco-tourism hot spots such as Mt Kinabalu, Poring Hot Springs, Cultural Village, River Cruises, Tip of Borneo and Sepilok amongst many others. Our aim is to provide top quality diving and tours for affordable prices.
Melbourne, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Exactly what you want in a dive company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Nothing but good things to say about Diverse Borneo.

I did my Advanced course with Razalee as my instructor and a fun dive with Jason. Love Lily who is a bright enthusiastic spark.

It was all very smoothly organised and very easy for me. Good communication with Mark (the owner) before the trip.

Really, it was just what you would want. The equipment is well maintained, the people are friendly, knowledgeable and fun and the dives are well organised. The lunches are delicious and the setting is magnificent. Underwater it is sad to see so much dead coral and even more so when you hear an explosion. It wasn't good to see so much rubbish in the water and I did wonder about what a difference could be made if each dive company collected a bag a day.

If you are diving off KK with Diverse Borneo then you are in good hands.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Unique and fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Mark was friendly and informative. Instructors are very friendly and helpful. Our instructor(Alwee) was extremely calm and patient with us. Loved every single moment with diverse borneo. People here are real and its not just a company trying to make a quick buck. Instructors at the company are extremely fun and knowledgable. We left our GoPro camera in the vest of the dive suit, we did not realize that the camera was in the suit. The instructors helped us search for it and made sure we got our camera back. Our instructor (Jason) even helped and came to our hotel to return our camera. I will definitely come back again. I would also recommend Diverse borneo to everyone, especially to those first timers who may be scared or nervous. These guys know what they are doing and they are passionate about it. Cheers to diverse borneo!

Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I decided to go with Diverse Borneo following the advice of a friend, and was not disappointed. I just finished up my PADI open water certification with them and had a great time! The staff were very friendly and professional. My instructor, Dan, was patient and knowledgeable. He was also very calm underwater which helped me feel more at ease (it was my first time scuba diving and I was a little nervous). I also went for a few "fun dives" and enjoyed the experience. My favorite site was Coral Garden and there was plenty to see, such as parrotfish, nudibranch, and clown anemone fish. I highly recommend this company.

Visited April 2014
“"awesome choices to discover underwater world"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have done Leisure dive with Diverse Borneo and that was very amazing experience that I have ever had. Firstly I am a bit scared because I have never go underwater before but my Instructor (Alwee) was very peachy and superb man. He was excellent in his guiding skills while helping me discover the underwater creatures. He look awesome as an instructor.

The staff of Diverse Borneo also very friendly and they are the best in Borneo~ choosing them as an instructor to go diving will be no regret. They are super awesome. :)

Port Dickson, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“best diving course ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

i done my open water, advance level and nitrox training with this awesome company. They have very friendly instructors who are also helpful and knowledgeable. The owner, Mr Mark was very friendly and patient in explaining the details of the dives. My instructor for my OW was mr Oliver, a thin and handsome man who speak fluent english, mandarin and cantonese. He patiently helped us to go through the whole training. For nitrox and advance my instructor was Dan who were also a very nice and charming guy. For those of you who wanna dive in Borneo, trust me, Diverse Borneo is your choice

Visited March 2014