“A Star of a place”

Bunibon Lodge
lincs
“A Star of a place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

May i start by saying that the rooms we stayed in were nice and clean, no issues there, the staff are more than helpful, and if you get chance to meet a character by the name of Putra Drus AKA Diablo, say hi from me, he was Legend of a bloke, more than happy to show you the best places to eat and drink, i am defiantly coming back to this place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank almerfud
jung g, General Manager at Bunibon Lodge, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hostel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. All rooms have access to free WiFi, serving complimentary breakfast and all of our rooms comes with air condition. Also,thank you for the comments about the service from my team. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team members.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bunibon Lodge Kota Kinabalu when your next return to Sabah.

Fizzy Ezwan Bin Jeffery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Hi,

I stayed in Bunibon Lodge while visiting Sabah and Sarawak in 2012.
Given the cheap rate for one night, I was litterally surprised by how clean and neat the rooms were but I guess that this is not why am writing a report here...
The staff at Bunibon is LOVELY! I do mean everybody! Plus I had some nights out in town with the guide "Diablo" =) Lot of fun and interesting conversation about Sabah and Sarawak culture =)

Go for it =)

Youssef

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank YoussefCh
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

we stayed here back in July 2012 and we loved it the staff were so friendly and had someone there all the time.
It good location right next to the Akinson clock tower and the UFO look out point over the city and there only a few doors down!! The food market is only 5-8min walk to the river in our case longer as we climbed Mt kinabalu but found the Lodge a nice comfy place to relax as couldn't move very far hahaha

The rooms are comfy and clean!! they were changing the bathroom when we left but i'm sure its better as it was when we left. you also got FREE breakfast too would defiantly recommend this place!!!! we are going to come back in 2013 December time and stay here again.

Thanks guys for your hospitality Richard and Bron :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BronBron_13
jung g, General Manager at Bunibon Lodge, responded to this review, 16 February 2013

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed at BUNIBON for two weeks while I waited for a new passport. It's clean, centrally located and the staff was super friendly. The guide, Putra "diablo" Duras, even took some of us to a village for a local festival one day...what a unique and memorable experience. I highly recommend that any backpackers going to KK stay at Bunibon. Thanks for the memories guys!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank jmdevilliers

kuala lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

i was here to stay since a month before alone and i was facing a lot of travel problem,information and the lodge provide a lot of optional and solution,and they was so kind and polite people that i never expected just pay for just a rm25 per night and i can get a perfect service and good smile face every workers,room was really clean,and the breakfast always ready early for us because that incharged person call fizzy was told me a lot of traveller cant get food early easier,morning flight problem,and he so care about us, if next time i was here kk again i will choose the same place and i was feeling hard to leave because they was take care me here.thanks again that to the boss call victor because of the hard job for management for us. :-)

Room Tip: no need to choose anyway all perfect for me ,why don't u ?
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
jung g, General Manager at Bunibon Lodge, responded to this review, 12 February 2013

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. All rooms have access to free WiFi, serving complimentary breakfast and all of our rooms comes with air condition. Also,thank you for the comments about the service from my team. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team members Jane,Helen and Ros. Especially our owners of our Lodge Mr.Victor Suan.

York, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and found it a very friendly and welcoming place. I met like minded people in my dorm, as well as friendly locals - namely Prince who is a star, he showed me around KK, made me being homesick and introduced me to lots of locals. The staff were all part of a family who were helpful and very generous - they helped me book tours and picked me up from the airport with a funky VW beetle. I was there for Christmas Day and was fed with barbeque and beer :) The dorm had air conditioning, comfy beds and the lounge area is very sociable and nicely set out. I would recommend this backpackers to anyone, especially single travellers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank mrschubby_123
Aalborg, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Hi everyone!

If you are going to KK - You have to visit BUNIBON LODGE! It's the best place to stay. Very clean, nice tv-lounge area, the best STAFF. Staff are really helpful and friendly (PRINCE is the best - actually like a PRINCE - ask for him!!) You can rent motorbikes here (one of only two places in all sabah) very pleasant stay, we been here twice and if we are coming back to KK, we will of course come back to BUNIBON LODGE! they care about every single guest and they make you feel like at home at BUNIBON LODGE.

WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL!!!!!!!! WE <3 BUNIBON !!!!!! So nice place to stay! Victor and Josephine (the owners) have done such a good job with this hostel... High five!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter - but the dorms is sooo good!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends