“Best steak!”

GRAZIE Italian Restaurant Kota Kinabalu
Ranked #36 of 561 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An affordable and authentic Italian cuisine.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best steak!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It was a bit difficult to find because it is inside a shopping mall, but just call and ask for directions.

We ordered the steak and it was perfect! The appetizers and desserts was also really good.

The staff was friendly and the cook took a walk and greeting all the visitors - very cool.

Only bad thing was the construction work in front of the restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Katrine P

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
“So disappointing.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Gracie restaurant has recently moved to a more central location in Suria Sabah shopping mall. I was so eagerly waiting for it to open and looking forward to my first meal here but what a disappointment. First the waiter service is lacking. Sabah restaurants are renowned for their friendly welcome but not here. There is an air of indifference of shall I serve you or not and when they do it is so slow and disorganised. This is a restaurant which did have a reputation of good Italian food cooked by an Italian chef so at least the food should be good. The location change has done nothing for the culinary experience. My food was luke warm, not cooked properly parts of the pasta was still hard, very small portion size for the price, covered in tomato sauce and bland. You should not still feel hungry after consuming your lunch. For the meal I had with an iced tea I thought the price was far too high and not good value. So disappointing after high expectations from their previous place. Would I return not likely. Grazie has lost it's edge and really needs to appraise the quality of it's food and service. High prices demand top quality tasty food and customer satisfaction.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank borneogeoff
London, United Kingdom
“"customer service" is an unknown phrase here”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Since I live in Sabah, I've been looking at this place for a while. Today I finally decided to go there for lunch. What a mistake.

I can't comment on the food, since I didn't stay. I was shown to a table by a waiter who then proceeded to clear the place setting of the seat I was sitting down in, then was confronted with the perennial "hovering" waiter whilst I looked at the menu. I ordered a pizza and iced coffee, since I had come in predominantly because I'd seen all the iced drinks other patrons were having and they looked great.

I waited for some time, only to be then told "no ice". When I pointed out a) all the other patrons had ice in their drinks, so how could they have run out and b) there were 2 supermarkets in very close vicinity where they could buy ice, the waiter reluctantly said he would check. He then proceeded to ignore/ avoid me, until about 15-20 minutes later another waitress was sent over to inform me again there was no ice.

At this point I was so fed up with a bad service, I told her to cancel the order- she tried to tell me I couldn't, until I told her that the restaurant had failed to provide me with my whole order, and I was happy to tell the manager this. I then left, frustrated, hungry and thirsty.

A note for the manager, if you are trying to set yourself up as a relatively expensive (most dishes were 25-40RM) establishment serving Western food, in a mall where you will attract more demanding clientele it is simply not good enough to run out of basic supplies that serve your menu, and then expect the customer to be ok with that. Ever heard of ordering enough stock? Or going the extra mile (I refuse to believe the staff had checked if the supermarkets had a bag of ice to keep them going)? I will definitely not be returning to this place, and will not be recommending it either.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Philippa V
“Best Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Having heard great reviews about this restaurant, i came to try it for myself. Upon arriving, my family and I were greeted promptly by a friendly waitress who guided us to our table. The ambience was really vibrant and i really liked how they had an al fresco section which we requested to be tabled at. The waitress gave us some excellent recommendations and we ended up ordering a pizza quatro stagioni, steak, salmon fillet and gnocchi. The food arrived quickly and it was anything but disappointing. the steak was deliciously executed with it being tender, juicy and flavourful. pizza came in a large portion and the mushroom gnocchi was cooked to my liking-al dente and had a lot of sauce. We could see the chef and owner, Marcello Salvatore going around the tables including ours to ask how to food was. I was really impressed by this as the restaurant was very busy and yet he took the time to ensure all customers were enjoying their meal. We ended the meal with two desserts; tiramisu and a chocolate molten cake and WOW yet again anything but disappointing. We then proceeded to pay the bill which came up to around RM 150. Quite worth the money given that we ordered 4 meals + 2 desserts and drinks. Plus the portions were quite large and the quality of the food was impeccable. All in all i have really enjoyed my meal here and will definitely visit soon.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank valnardone
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“I don't understand all the hype about this place”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Came looking for this restaurant cause of the reviews I've read from this website. I created an account just so that I could write a review about my first-hand experience here. First of all, it's not even close to becoming Little Italy's competitor, the foods, even the lime juice was tasteless. Dont even bother ordering Caesar salad & Zuppa Di mare, it sucks. Lasagna was horrible (picture attached), spaghetti & pizza was okay. For the price they charged, I expected the food and service standards to be higher. Very disappointed, would be my first and last visit.

• Visited August 2013