“Central yet private”
other traveller has booked this property
Outdoor Patio Bedroom overlooking the mountain range
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Outdoor Patio
Bedroom overlooking the mountain range
View of Mt.Kinabalu from the room
Bedroom overlooking the mountain range
Close up of Mt.Kinabalu
Another view of the villa
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

sarahwasl...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Central yet private”
Reviewed 11 May 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The place is walking distance to the city centre (10ish minutes walk) yet location is quiet and surrounded by lots of greenery. Not a problem with getting GrabCar or Uber either. Caretakers are always friendly and accommodating, we felt like we were staying with friends. They also help with setting up touristy activities which are aplenty. My go to accommodation in KK now especially in a bigger group. Great looking house, great hosts 10/10

Farwin H
“Homely Villa in KK”
Reviewed 11 May 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Brahminy Kite Villa is in a good location and has everything you would need. Its not too close to the loud hustle and bustle of town yet not too far to move about. I was there with a group of friends last December and we had an amazing time. It was easy for us to move around KK with UBER & GRABCAR (super cheap compared to the regular taxis btw) and all the drivers know where Brahminy is located. I would definitely recommend this villa for large group of friends or families..plenty of space and 4 toilets (hallelujah). There are a few staircases within the villa so if you have an elderly family member travelling with you it can be a bit cumbersome. overall an excellent place and I would definitely go back to Brahminy.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
NashaD1
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 5 May 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Visited KK twice and both times my friends (8 of us) and I stayed at this villa. The location and space just did it for us. It's located on a hill, hidden from the town, yet just 15 minutes away from the airport, markets and jetty. My GrabCar drivers had no problem finding the location. I love the privacy we get in the villa, my friends and I can get quite noisy when we get together and it was nice to be able to blast music out loud amidst the greenery and not have to worry about other guest. Love the kitchen space as well, ample of space for my friends to cook comfortably. The rooms are all spacious with breathtaking views, feels like you're glamping in a rainforest! Also love that the shelves are filled with books and magazines of the world! Makes all us wanderlusters feel connected! The place might be a bit too big if you're traveling solo, I would recommend it for families and big groups.

liannecho...
Taipei, Taiwan
“Amazing location surrounded by nature”
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in October 2016

I've stayed at BKV several times over the years and have loved every single experience. I like how it is not smack in the city center yet close enough that it only takes me 5mins by taxi to get there. Another perk is that it's surrounded by greenery so you feel like you're in the middle of the borneo rainforest ...absolutely love it!! Just remember to pack mosquito repellent (even if you forget it's fine because the hosts provide mosquito coils).

Bonus: BKV is really close to jesselton jetty (one of the main reasons i always pick this homestay),making it easy for island-hopping days.it's also super close to various other hotspots. Ask the hosts where to eat as they know all the best places!!

JustinR25...
“Great place close to everything”
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in December 2016

10 mins from the pier for island hopping. 10 mins from the market for fresh seafood(we brought back fresh seafood where Yantie the helper at the villa helped us cook it). Located on top of a hill for a great view of the forest and the sea. Also, Mount Kinablu can be seen in the distance. It has a home away from home feel. A place to just hangout and have your coffee or tea with a good book but also really close to town. Great organic farm and restaurant just 2 mins down the road from this villa.

carynlye
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Cosy Homestay”
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This was my 3rd time staying at Brahminy Kite since 2016.

What I really like about Brahminy Kite is the location and design of the villa, which is on a hill and is close to nature amidst KK town. Sunrise and Mount Kinabalu can be sighted from Room 1. The air is fresh and the location is perfect morning walks.

The villa may be a bit secluded as it is located on a hill, but it can be easily located via Google Maps or Waze. I've not had any difficulties getting picked up by a Uber or Grab drivers so far. I've also tried walking to town and it is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the villa to the waterfront.

The amenities and flooring maybe a little dated, but the villa gives a very cosy and home-y feeling. If you want to be close to nature in the middle of KK town instead of staying at a hotel, this is one of the best options available. Clean towels and hairdryer are provided.

Jenna T
“Perfect home away from home”
Reviewed 21 April 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I've had the pleasure of staying at Brahminy Kite Holiday Villa a few times over the years. I like that it's hidden up on the hill away from all the hustle and bustle but also a short walk down to the town area (very close to lots of delicious local food!!) . Being a nature lover, my favourite part of the holiday villa is the large patio area. Perfect place to read a book while listening to the birds chirping nearby.
I've always been a big fan of Kota Kinabalu so finding a place like this makes my KK trips even better. Haven't tried the jacuzzi just yet but that's definitely on the agenda my next visit!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing