“Good, clean, professional and honest. Would visit again.”
Review of South Sea Sanctuary - CLOSED

South Sea Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: South Sea Sanctuary is a premier lifestyle boutique day spa located in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Borneo, Malaysia. Besides offering relaxation therapies and beauty treatments, we are well-known for our holistic health and wellness programs that aim to effectively heal the body, mind and soul.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good, clean, professional and honest. Would visit again.”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very well organised, front desk girl was very professional and helpful, giving clear information about each treatment. I booked Chinese Tui Na massage to start with and their expert therapist - a Chinese lady was very good. I had back problems and it definitely alleviated my pains and aches although the treatment itself was painful. The only downside was that the lady did not speak English so communication was impossible, which did not detract from the quality of the treatment. It was stated in the listing: Expert Tui Na practitioner will be able to diagnose physical ailments, past injuries as well as any problems within the body just by touching your feet, but as she did not speak English it was just a silent but quality treatment.
My second treatment was a facial which I thoroughly enjoyed. Overall a pleasant experience and I would happily visit again and recommend to others. The only downside was that they had a workman fixing something on the ceiling close to my cubicle and apart from the noise he was making I would have given 5 stars.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Doesn't cater for pregnant women”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had really hoped to book a massage or body treatment at South Sea Sanctuary but upon calling to book they told me they don't perform massages on pregnant women. How utterly disappointing. I don't think you can classify yourself as a 'premier lifestyle boutique day spa' if you don't cater to women in that particular phase of life. It is the first boutique day spa I have encountered whose staff don't have that basic training. I can understand perhaps not offering massage treatments in the first trimester, but it was hugely disappointing that this spa doesn't cater to women for the entire duration of their pregnancy.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LadyMaiready
SouthSeaSanctua... K, General Manager at South Sea Sanctuary, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We thank you for making an effort to try and visit us while you were in Kota Kinabalu. We are also sorry that we couldn't provide you with treatment that you wanted because of your said situation.

Having said that, we do have an in house policy of assessing various situations and prescribing to not provide certain treatments to customers on a case to case basis. In which case we have prescribed not to provide massage service to your kind self.

This was not because we are not trained to handle such situations, rather we do not think it is worth the business should anything untoward happens to you and your pregnancy. We are acting in your best interest and as a responsible and ethical service provider, we do not believe in putting you and your pregnancy in any form of risk for a fee regardless of what stage of pregnancy you are in, and how much you are willing to pay for it. We trust that in time you will appreciate and understand our point of view.

Once again we would like to take this opportunity to thank all our valued clients, our regular members and all prospective clients for putting your trust in us. Rest assured knowing that we are not only professional in our approach, but also ethical, caring and responsible in how we conduct our business. Consequently, not all situations are the same and we do urge all prospective clients to contact us and to seek relevant advise that best suits your needs should you be in a similar situation. Thank you!
Bangalore, India
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 272 helpful votes
“One of the best ever”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everything about this place was brilliant. Thoroughly professional staff, good ingredients, a soothing massage, relaxing ambiance, and total value for money. Not much else you can expect from a spa.

Visited March 2014
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Wholesome Holistic Experience for Family too!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We travel to many parts of the world and with a young family, my wife and I sometimes have limited choices for a total family experience. However, we were pleasantly surprised when we chanced upon this lovely spa sanctuary. Both my wife and I had one of the most blissful and relaxing massages while our two young boys had their first and very enjoyable reflexology sessions. With many hours of walking and shopping around KK, our bodies and feet were dead tired but after the magic of the therapists' hands, we were refreshed and ready to take on KK again! What my wife and I appreciated most was the professional massage that got us so relaxed that we actually fell asleep. Furthermore, we were very pleased that our boys were in "good hands" while we rested - in fact, the masseurs were so well-trained that they were able to command the attention of our two boys who were so "intrigued" by the comforting foot massages that they behaved themselves for more than 2 hours and that gave us the much needed peace of mind while we enjoyed our massage and dozed off. Prices? Well, this kind of family enjoyment together is priceless and I dare say it's real value for money.

Visited January 2014
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“boutique day spa”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Boutique spa price means more expensive than the average deal... environment/ambiance was good though therapy room is on the 2nd floor... massage therapy was polite and skillful... there is hooks to hang your clothes but no table or area to keep spectacles/jeweleries...

Visited February 2014