Horizon Hotel
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$103
US$158
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$136
US$118
  • Pool
US$383
US$131
Agoda.com
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$53
US$45
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
US$132
US$93
Trip.com
Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$55
US$97
  • Breakfast included
US$345
US$304
All reviewsdeco cafesea viewrain showergaya streetsunday marketdeluxe roomwalking distancemodern roomscentral locationoutdoor poolsmoking floorbreakfast buffettop floorfree upgradeegg stationhotel restaurantnice room
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This is an outstanding hotel with great value in pricing. The junior suite was still quite reasonably priced and an unbelievable accommodation. Extremely spacious, modern and tasteful decor, sea view, in-room jacuzzi, two plasma tvs and iPod dock. Outdoor pool on the 6th floor provides views as well as an intimate bar area for refreshing your palate. The gym has numerous machines and weights to meet all your needs. Great location as well - right in the center of the city a few blocks from the sea.

Room Tip: "Splurge" on a junior suite. Worth every ringgit and not very expensive.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Horizon_Hotel_KK, Manager at Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear Rhonda G,

Thank you for your positive comments and compliments and I trust you had a pleasant stay with us.

I hope that we will be able to look after you again sometime soon in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Great location as it is situated in the centre of KK town.. Walking distance to the food market, or any other restaurant. Very near to shopping mall too like wisma sabah.
Housekeeping service is very good.
The room is nice and comfortable. They provide 2 sarongs for guest. Like it very much.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Azyani,

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I initially booked for only one night thinking that it would be a disappointment like our other unpleasant Kota Kinabalu five-star hotel experience but it was the exact opposite. The moment we entered our deluxe room, it was superb and we wanted one more night! And so we did. We stayed for 2 nights at this wonderful, modern and reasonably priced hotel.

The beds were cozy and the linens were fresh and fluffy. I requested for an extra blanket and it was the first time I have received a real white, comfortable extra blanket, not a brown, and worn out fleece material. The TV was big and modern, we could watch all our saved photos in its USB. The bathroom amenity could improve by adding a few more necessary toiletries.

Breakfast was also good. Wide selection of Western and Asian food. Just please add an egg station, so guests can choose how they want their eggs done. I am one of those omelette freaks.

The staff were very friendly. My husband was able to get one more key card after he had a very relaxing foot massage as we were already in our rooms. Due to lack of time, I was not able to get a massage but I will definitely visit the spa next time.

Nice pool, nice view. The drinks and food service could have been a bit faster, though. The gym was excellent, as reviewed by my husband.

Accessible to malls if you prefer fancy, restaurant meals. But the long bridge beside the hotel leads to the seaside where you'll find the wet market, dry goods market, handicraft shops and amazing night food stalls! Grilled fresh seafood and meat at very affordable prices! It was humid, a bit drizzling, but it didn't affect our appetite.

My family and I enjoyed every bit of our stay.....

Room Tip: I booked online and I really specify everything that I need before checking in to avoid disappointment, ex. 2 single beds, 1 double bed, non-smoking floor, additional breakfast for what aged-children, so you'll get an extra deal.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Annie M

Dear Annie M,

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I stayed at Horizon for 5 nights over the Xmas and New Year period. The staff were always extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were immaculate, well air conditioned and had all the modern luxuries you'd expect from a five star hotel.

The pool is fantastic, and the pool staff are great too. Though drink service wasn't the quickest, it was still great that they would deliver drinks to you while you lounge out overlooking the harbour and Islands off Kota Kinabalu.

The restaurant was awesome. The buffet breakfast that was included in our room rate was everything you could ask for. A mix of both Asian and Western foods. Again, awesome and friendly service from the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear kilifist,

Reviewed 9 January 2013

First time in Malaysia, the hotel location is very convenience, center location of restaurants, shopping malls! Just the hotel itself need to improved, we were allowed to have only one card access key per room, when you need the card for electrical purposes, elevator and others facilities. We have requested the card access several times as we shared the room with friends, but they keep saying they dont have extra key. I asked for towels at night time, they did not delivered, until I made a second request the next morning. Breakfast restaurant was good, they had a bunch of varieties, but staff need to improved their speed in cleaning stuff. We waited a moment to be seated while tables were available but not clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends