Horizon Hotel
US$114
  • Breakfast included
US$344
US$303
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$103
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
US$64
US$60
Agoda.com
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$53
US$46
Priceline
US$49
US$43
  • Restaurant
Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$52
US$47
Priceline
Hotel Grandis(Kota Kinabalu)
US$112
US$97
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdeco cafesea viewrain showergaya streetsunday marketdeluxe roomwalking distancemodern roomscentral locationoutdoor poolsmoking floorbreakfast buffettop floorfree upgradeegg stationhotel restaurantnice room
Reviewed 23 July 2013

New, and clean. Location in the city, with walk distance can reach some food restaurants and a mall(15mins). The breakfast was so good, many choices and taste good. Enjoy staying there 4d3n with family. Wifi only available in the lobby area. If you want to go for dive or looking around different beaches, suggest that employ local trip guide (as we did, as he know where to take the yacht and where to go), he brought us to 3 different islands in the same days. The only cons for this hotel is the location not near by the beach. But with very short distance from Horizon to the dock(10mins) by vehicle.

Stayed Oct, 2012.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank janelleteoh
Reviewed 23 July 2013

You won't fault these rooms and you won't go hungry for a good few hours after brekky at this gem of a place. Ok the pool area is postage stamp sized compared to the big guns down the road but it's there if you need to cool off. After a 7 night stay here we moved on to the aforementioned big gun down the road (for a birthday treat) only to wish that we had stayed at our lovely Horizon Hotel with staff who do their very best to please and who could teach the staff at our second hotel a thing or two or three!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel is excellent value for money. The location is central KK and very very convenient. The room was clean and very nice. Loved the bathroom. The breakfast, although crowded with a lot of impolite and shouting people (as was the lobby), was excellent.

The only problem I had was I asked for an extra bed (and was prepared to pay for it), but the hotel staff told me they didn't have an extra bed. My son had to sleep on the floor for three nights. This was extremely unfortunate and disappointing.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Junior suit is a perfect room for relaxation. Nice bed, bathroom and space.
The breakfast is good with many options.
The swimmingpool is outside on the terasse on 6th floor which are perfect for morning or an evening swim (closes 8pm).
The hotel is close to restaurants, shoppingcenter and the sea.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I did not stay at the hotel, but a group of friends and I used the spa facilities and booked ourselves in for a 1 hour massage. Booking and front reception was good and friendly and after your treatment, tea and fresh fruit is provided which is a nice touch.

However, the massage itself had a lot to be desired. Firstly, the room is very tired and old - the room that i was in was next to a bathroom and I could hear the toilet flush whenever it was used. There is no music or any other touches to set the ambience and there were stains on the wall. The staff member that did the massage appeared to be very inexperienced and parts of the massage was questionable/inappropriate and she did not ask beforehand if it was ok - she did not speak english and it was very hard to communicate. My friend's had the same experience as well.

Further, at the end of the treatment, my masseuse held out a card to request for tips and had amounts for me to circle. They started at 20 MYR and went up in increments of 20 as well. I felt pressured into giving the tip and was annoyed as it did not appear like I had a choice as to how much - my friend's masseuses had tips starting at 10MYR. I have always tipped where deserved and in this case, I did not consider it was deserved and did not appreciate that a tip was requested in this manner.

Had another treatment at South Sea Sanctuary about a week later - more expensive but definitely worth it in comparison to Horizon Spa.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends