Horizon Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Grandis(Kota Kinabalu)
US$166
US$159
  • Breakfast included
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$136
US$101
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa(Kota Kinabalu)
US$283
US$252
Agoda.com
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$110
US$202
US$145
Agoda.com
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$62
US$58
US$161
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Borneo Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$47
Trip.com
  • Pool
US$45
US$39
US$55
US$47
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdeco cafesea viewrain showergaya streetsunday marketdeluxe roomwalking distancemodern roomscentral locationoutdoor poolsmoking floorbreakfast buffettop floorfree upgradeegg stationhotel restaurantnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was in KK for the marathon and I work out every day. For that the gym is awesome. You find basically everything you need for a good workout. The pool does its job. Rooms are pretty awesome. Very modern way of connecting BR player (you gotta bring one) and such to the big TV. Bed is comfy and the bath features a great round tub and a rain shower as well.

Wifi gave me some probs in the beginning but they were fixed.

Will def come back.

Room Tip: Seeview side features a good view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sylvio C
Horizon_Hotel_KK, Director of Sales at Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Sylvio C,

Thank you for choosing Horizon Hotel & Spa Kota Kinabalu Sabah on your recent visit. Your thoughts are important to us.

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us.
Such information enables us to monitor the application of our service standards while simultaneously allowing us to rectify any shortfalls.

Thank you for your positive comments with regards to the bedroom, the gym, pool, the bed, the rain shower. On the wifi connection is certainly noted and will be looked into.

I truly appreciate your kind patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Natalia Nadirah Saiman

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were delighted with this new hotel in Kota Kinabalu. Right in the centre of town and very modern and well equipped. As has great breakfast and a few good value restaurants if you feel like "a night in". Staff extremely friendly, efficient and helpful. Could not fault anything. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you really want a luxurious experience, go for the sea facing penthouse rooms. Fantastic view, enormous 2-level free standing bath, freestanding bed and window couches to lounge on. And SO QUIET!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LozMelbourne
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were really pleased with this hotel. Quality of the room and the communal areas were higher than expected.

Location was great. Very central easy walking distance to jetty for island trips, and waterfront for restaurants and central market. Sunday market pretty much just outside the door.

Breakfast, although busy, offered a good choice, and the staff soon sorted you out with a table.

We hired a car to drive up to Kinabalu national park. Certainly more reasonable than the tours, and very easy to find. Free parking at the hotel made this a great choice. And we were even able to drive car to airport, leaving it there, saving on taxi fare.

Only negative point would be that getting general information or recommendations of places to eat/ drink and organising tours wasn't really offered. However a short walk away by Suria Sabah is a whole complex of tour operators, so this was really wasn't a problem.

Would recommend this hotel, and definitely start there again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had stayed here for 7 nights and had two rooms on the 6th floor and 10th floor. The first night was already late for us, we arrived at 23:00 in the hotel and the first impression was already very bad, because the person behind the reception was not very polite.
The rooms were ok. The second day we already notice that the internet connection was not well. Especially we got disconnected to many bank website in HK and also very very slow. I went to the reception and ask what the problem was and asked for a LAN cable as well. But they told me they only have WIFI and will ask their IT manager to look into this problem. But nobody was informing me anything about the status (of course they can't as they know their internet is bad)the day after.
So I went to the reception again the day after, but another person was behind the reception and "of course" they know nothing about this and again they will ask their IT manager. This was on going for 3 days. And we were of course very angry about the attitude of the personnel, they treated us like people knowing nothing, " you maybe have wrong settings", "maybe your computer is not well", "maybe you can try it in the lobby", this is ridiculous, how can you ask your guests to go to the lobby if you need access to internet, especially if you mention that the hotel has WIFI in all rooms. So at the end I had talked to the manager of the hotel, even she was saying knowing nothing about the problem.
Then at the night we are leaving, I was paying my bill, at that moment another guest was asking for LAN cable as the internet was too slow, then I notice that many people were complaining about the internet. I was asking the manager, so this problem was known and all of your personnel know about this, you all are just lying to your guests and waiting till they will leave, as most of them are staying 3 or 4 nights. We were staying there just too long, so we have problem with this for long period. I have asked them why a four star hotel has an internet connection like this, this is not acceptable. Staff is not honest about this problem and lying to their guest. The rating for this hotel is too high and I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Judy C
Horizon_Hotel_KK, General Manager at Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Ms Judy C
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is with regret that you had such a negative experience with us. I do apologies for the confusion and inconvenience caused and it is in our best interest to ensure our guests experience the best of service and attention at all times. We fell short on your expectations and I apologies for that.

Rest assured that all points as mentioned has been reviewed for improvement and we will include in our training and audit to ensure such experience will not occur.

Once again do accept my sincere apology and we welcome another opportunity to restore your confidence in the future.

Kind regards
Philip D. Theseira
General Manager.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

A good looking package that might make you belive in good service, but don't let your self be fooled.

The massage is acceptable if you don't mind a masseur that is non english speaking, with a terrible cold and repeatedly asking for TIPS after the treatment. During the treatment ha also found it appropriate to take a toilet brake...

Trying to tell the staff in the reception results in a look of disapproval and not caring. Then handing me a "customer care" form.

So 1 point for the atmosphere that makes it look like good place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple