“Comfortable room but terrible in many ways”
Review of Hotel Sixty3

Hotel Sixty3
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfortable room but terrible in many ways”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel boasts of being "dedicated to the trendy tech savvy traveller" with "rooms equipped with state of the art Select TV digital feature that will revolutionise the way you work". Yes, they do have this complicated smart TV.. 2 of them in fact in my suite. HOWEVER, BOTH ARE NOT ABLE TO FUNCTION! According to the hotel staff, this was due to a system fault which affect the signal. I checked in on a Friday afternoon. By Friday night, I can no longer watch the TV programme. On Sat, I was informed by the staff that the maintenance people are working on it. On Sunday, there was a prompt on the screen that says "the portfolio of this room has not been updated." (Yah! It was THAT state of the art!). When informed, again they said that they will inform maintenance. I guess it will only work when I check out tomorrow.. ya.. I am still staying in this hotel (room 209) and cant wait to check out.

The reception counter staff ( day shift) are nonchalant with zero initiative. For example, when I checked in, I was carrying my sleeping toddler and I had my other 2 toddlers in tow. My husband was carrying a huge bag and a bagpack. When asked if there is anyone who could help to bring our bags up, the lady staff was hesitant and then told us to leave our bags at the counter and that someone will bring them up LATER. Goodness know when that will be ..Also she told us that we have a sofa bed in our suite but did not offer to send anyone to do up the sofa bed. (There are 2 adults and 3 toddlers.) It was only the night reception staff who asked us if the sofa bed had been done up. Thank you to the night staff ( a guy)!

The plus points are..This hotel is near jesselton point and gaya sunday market. The housekeeping staff ladies are very friendly. The suite is spacious and clean. Kudos to housekeeping staff!

The hotel should just replace their state of the art tv and just have a conventional lcd tv. It defeats the purpose to have smart tv yet nobody knows how to maintain it.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank ZahaRazak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Everything is accessible from this hotel, from Suria Sabah to Jesselton Point, where the island hopping activities will commence. The room is spacious with comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and modern facilities. Right across the street is a Chinese restaurant and bakery with delicious and affordable food with lots of choices, and an Old Town Cafe which serves my favorite white coffee. This was one of the best value hotels I've stayed in, and I could not be more satisfied. BTW this was a late review as I travelled last August 2012.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
La Tzoumaz, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

This is a modern, very clean and comfortable hotel across Sabah Tourism.
Location is close to a big mall suria and a 10 to 15 minutes walk to waterfront.
Superior room was huge and with all amenities you would expect.
King bed comfy too.
I did not give it a 5 only because for the price charged, there is lack of restaurant in the hotel,serving no breakfast.
Would go back though.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
MALAYSIA
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This clean spacious hotel is right in city centre.5-10 min taxi ride from cruise terminal centre((rm20.00) n 20min taxi ride to both international n domestic airport which cost rm30.00. Taxi around city centre is usually rm10 . Banks and ATM machines are everywhere. So are cafes, coffee shops and restaurants everywhere. I will not hesitate to stay here again .

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank HBBMalaysia
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Total of us were 12 peoples, hence we booked 3 Family Suite Rooms for 2 nights, with the promotional rate of only RM265 per night per room. Although no breakfast is provided, but overall I'm very satisfied with the hotel. The hotel is new, clean and modern. The rooms are big, with super good services provided. It was raining season while we stayed in Sabah, but two umbrellas and iron are provided in every room, it was a surprise for us and helped a lot in our journey. The size of Family Suite are big and comfortable. The location of the hotel is super nice, just at the Gaya Street, with a lot of restaurants surrounded. A bakery and a 24 hours convenience store is just located beside the hotel. Definitely will choose the same hotel again if back to KK in future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tee_Malacca
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Booked and paid online which took me less than 5 minutes to get everything done. Checking in was so swift, I found myself in the room within minutes of stepping out from the cab. Even got a free upgrade from the superior king room to the family deluxe room which was pretty huge for a lone traveller like myself. The room itself was pretty clean except for the mini fridge (spotted some stains) and the decor is pretty cool. Didn't expect much from a shop-lot hotel but they didn't disappoint.

Location is definitely an advantage, everything is within walking distance. Banks, cafes, malls, convenience stores, restaurants and you name it. Tourists would find it helpful that the hotel is just located across the street from Sabah Tourism Board.

Was also very satisfied with the customer service, they were very helpful with arranging my morning calls, room service (which technically isn't available) and my ride to the airport upon checking out. Well, I like this place enough that I've already booked a room for my next stay in January 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days at the end of October. It was okay but nothing special for what I paid, particularly given that there's no breakfast. For that price and the size of the hotel I would expect more from staff than what I got. The most memorable which is ridiculous was asking about my 6:20 am flight to Lahad Datu on Malaysian Airways. At this point I had already taken two internal flights. One with MA and one with Air Asia. I was told by 4 people at the hotel that I in no uncertain terms, even with checking in online needed to be there 2 hours in advance. I respect opinions of those who apparently know better than I do. Security screening doesn't even open until around 5:15 am. That reception doesn't know something like that is ridiculous given that this definitely geared more as more of a business hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo