“Excellent value in Koto Kinabalu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sixty3

Hotel Sixty3
Ranked #1 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value in Koto Kinabalu”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We only stayed one night but we were were most impressed with the value for money, in the centre of town, and the warm reception and hospitality we received. Even though there is no food available, it didn't matter as one can just step out of the hotel and there are numerous places to eat at.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The location of the hotel is superb, near to the Sunday market and local eateries. The room we stayed has 2 Queen size bed and it fits four of us. Four mineral waters are provided daily. This hotel will not suit people who wants to use the gym/swimming pool as the hotel has no facilities. There is a bakery next to the hotel and a convenience store next to the bakery. The hotel is also a 10 mins walk to Jesselton jetty where you can take boat to visit islands such as Sapi island. Reception staff is efficient and friendly. We will definitely stay here again if we happen to visit KK in the future.

Stayed January 2014
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The room size is big but the air-conditioner has some problem as it is auto to drop to 20 degree and I increased to 25 degree, it also drop to 20 degree later. So that, I got fever next day and cancelled all my itinerary and need to see doctor in there. It make me to feel disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Labuan Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The first time I stayed impressed me. But the second time of my visit disappoints me. I booked 3 rooms and we couldnt check in at the same time. Eventhough it is December, I didnt see all rooms were crowded. Also, the rooms' facilty were a bit lousy. The shower head keeps dropping, there were lots of small insects flying around the room (as if food/garbage were in the room for days). Worst of all, there were no TV channels for the 3 nights stay. The reason given were - programming work in progress. But, what do you expect the kids to do in the room?????

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank F T
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Situated right amongst the action in Downtown Kota Kinabalu. easy to walk everywhere, especially down to the pier at night time and enjoy the wonderful seafood market that evolves there every night. Sunday market is right next door.
Loved it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andrew y
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel boasts of being "dedicated to the trendy tech savvy traveller" with "rooms equipped with state of the art Select TV digital feature that will revolutionise the way you work". Yes, they do have this complicated smart TV.. 2 of them in fact in my suite. HOWEVER, BOTH ARE NOT ABLE TO FUNCTION! According to the hotel staff, this was due to a system fault which affect the signal. I checked in on a Friday afternoon. By Friday night, I can no longer watch the TV programme. On Sat, I was informed by the staff that the maintenance people are working on it. On Sunday, there was a prompt on the screen that says "the portfolio of this room has not been updated." (Yah! It was THAT state of the art!). When informed, again they said that they will inform maintenance. I guess it will only work when I check out tomorrow.. ya.. I am still staying in this hotel (room 209) and cant wait to check out.

The reception counter staff ( day shift) are nonchalant with zero initiative. For example, when I checked in, I was carrying my sleeping toddler and I had my other 2 toddlers in tow. My husband was carrying a huge bag and a bagpack. When asked if there is anyone who could help to bring our bags up, the lady staff was hesitant and then told us to leave our bags at the counter and that someone will bring them up LATER. Goodness know when that will be ..Also she told us that we have a sofa bed in our suite but did not offer to send anyone to do up the sofa bed. (There are 2 adults and 3 toddlers.) It was only the night reception staff who asked us if the sofa bed had been done up. Thank you to the night staff ( a guy)!

The plus points are..This hotel is near jesselton point and gaya sunday market. The housekeeping staff ladies are very friendly. The suite is spacious and clean. Kudos to housekeeping staff!

The hotel should just replace their state of the art tv and just have a conventional lcd tv. It defeats the purpose to have smart tv yet nobody knows how to maintain it.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank ZahaRazak
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Everything is accessible from this hotel, from Suria Sabah to Jesselton Point, where the island hopping activities will commence. The room is spacious with comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and modern facilities. Right across the street is a Chinese restaurant and bakery with delicious and affordable food with lots of choices, and an Old Town Cafe which serves my favorite white coffee. This was one of the best value hotels I've stayed in, and I could not be more satisfied. BTW this was a late review as I travelled last August 2012.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends