In general it could have been a pleasant stay.. but there were some things that spoilt the fun.
the good things first:
- Location leaves nothing to complain about - you are in the middle of the city center / don't expect a nice view from the room though
- lobby and hallway and also rooms are designed in a nice, contemporary style
what i didn't like:
- one of the rooms was not ready in time - we were promised to be contacted once the room is ready, but apparently we were forgotten
- if you paint the walls or the columns, put a note on it. I did not plan to swear my loyalty to Saruman, so i really didn't need the white hand
- Wifi. there seems to be only one router per floor, in the middle of the hallway. The outer rooms have so poor signal that connecting isnt possible. So basically, for Wifi, you have to sit in the hallway. Inconvenient. shouldnt be a problem in the 21st century, especially not when you pay for it.
- Service personnel attitude. This is just a feeling, I have no proof for this... but I always had the feeling that they were very good at pretending to care about your concerns.. but in the end nothing happened, so I think they didn't really give a f.
If you wanna enjoy the vibrant downtown life of KK you can either look into this hotel, or the Gaya Centre Hotel, the Jesselton Hotel or the Horizon hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sixty3 is a truly centrally located hotel in Kota Kinabalu city.It sits on the quaint, bustling, yet charming street of Jalan Gaya (formerly known as Bond Street during colonial times), with the State’s tourist information office right opposite the hotel. The street is flourishing with a myriad of restaurants, bistros and cafes, burgeoning with everything from lifestyle malls (Suria Sabah Mall, Wisma Merdeka) to local side-stalls, and being the city’s business high street, it is surrounded by financial institutions. Also famous for its colourful and vibrant Sunday market, it is evident that Jalan Gaya captures perfectly the essence of life in Kota Kinabalu and at Hotel Sixty3; all of this are just pulses away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Sixty3 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.