“Home Sweet Home!”

Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kudos first opened its doors on 24th March 2014 in the main Central Business District of Kota Kinabalu at the iconic Jesselton Hotel where the casual dining restaurant has an airy, modern yet classic feel to it. Within our newly launched a la carte menu we proudly serve a selection of modern British food which incorporates French, Italian, Mediterranean and other European dishes complimented with ever-changing weekly specials. The wine list is cosmopolitan and has a modest selection of wines by the glass from a light Sauvignon Blanc to a robust Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz to satisfy the most discerning wine enthusiast. Our European Executive Chef and culinary team are committed to using, where possible, local sourced organic produce, premium meats and sustainable seafood. It is the perfect venue for a relaxing breakfast, a business lunch, a romantic candlelight dinner or a meeting place with family and friends. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 15 January 2014

It felt like December was NEVER going to arrive but it finally did and I got to return to Kudos for my favourite-est, mouth-watering stuffed mushrooms! I made sure I was dining with more than 1 person so I got to try a little bit of everything - my trip was just too short otherwise! I had heard a lot about their burger, it was undoubtedly one of the best burgers I have tried. I managed room for their pear and walnut salad - perfection! Unabashed - I walked away with 3 servings of their beef lasagna. What can I say? I am a fan :) I recommend it anytime, everytime!

2  Thank h4ppyf33t74

Reviewed 14 January 2014

A lovely atmosphere, quite apart from the normal decor. Owned by an Englishman, it sets itself apart with decor, service & food that would not be out of place in a major western city.

Authentic Italian, lovely proper thin crust pizza, very tasty seafood fettuccine, all in all proper Italian flavors. [wife is Italian, so we have some idea] - no USA cheese fest here!

Its a bit out of main city at the "City Mall'. A local mall rather than tourist spot, so taxi from Sutera Hotel was RG30 vs Rg15 to 'city'.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The restaurant is located in a shopping mall, City Mall at the of suburb of Kota Kinabalu city. However service is slow and if one is prepared to wait, the wait is worth it. Prices are moderate for quality of food.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The last time I was in KK was February 2013, and I made it a point to stop at Kudos. My next trip to KK will be in 3 weeks and I can't wait to get to Kudos again! I am really looking forward to the stuffed mushrooms, stroganoff and I heard they have some new items like the home made burgers. I can't wait! Also plan to have Christmas dinner there as I heard they've got roast on the menu. I had that last year and I only wish I had a stomach big enough!
Thank you Kudos, you make my trips to KK that much more exciting!

1  Thank h4ppyf33t74
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I recently went to Kudos with a friend for lunch. Although I have dined there before, this time my friend and I decided to order their home-made burgers! I have to say that both of us said it was the best burgers ever in KK!

The meat was juicy, perfectly cooked (medium). It was sandwiched with a pickle, tomatoes, salad leaves and even home-made tomato sauce which was simply delicious! Together with a vinaigrette red-cabbage salad and french-fries, one simply could not ask for anything more!! We were stuffed! Will definitely come back for more!!!

2  Thank Steve B