“Good ambiance, attentive staff”
Review of Kudos - CLOSED

Kudos
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kudos first opened its doors on 24th March 2014 in the main Central Business District of Kota Kinabalu at the iconic Jesselton Hotel where the casual dining restaurant has an airy, modern yet classic feel to it. Within our newly launched a la carte menu we proudly serve a selection of modern British food which incorporates French, Italian, Mediterranean and other European dishes complimented with ever-changing weekly specials. The wine list is cosmopolitan and has a modest selection of wines by the glass from a light Sauvignon Blanc to a robust Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz to satisfy the most discerning wine enthusiast. Our European Executive Chef and culinary team are committed to using, where possible, local sourced organic produce, premium meats and sustainable seafood. It is the perfect venue for a relaxing breakfast, a business lunch, a romantic candlelight dinner or a meeting place with family and friends. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Ambiance is perfect for romantic dinner
A staff was attentive to my needs.
Food wise:
1) French onion soup is tasty. A bit less salty will be perfect
2) Caesar salad is so so
3) The fish & chips fillet is slightly dry for my preference
4) Lamb shank is good

2  Thank YvonneL1891

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just had lunch at kudos with my friend, was so worth every penny. I had the black cod, it was a herb crusted black cod and it came with asparagus, juicy scallops and a Beurre blanc sauce OMG it was so good, the cod was fresh and cooked just right and the asparagus was just as nice it wasn’t too overcooked, still had a bit of crunch which I like. My friend had the ribeye and it was like a party in our mouth hehe, it came with mustard mashed potato, salad and what seems like a balsamic reduction sauce, they knew exactly how the ribeye should be cooked and it was good. OH! and dont forget about dessert!! Being chocolate addicts my friend and I went for the chocolate fondant which came with vanilla ice cream, what else can I say but im in love, the combo between hot and cold, the chocolate just oozing out..ooo so good!! We are now hooked the only problem is we don’t know whether to have the same thing because its just that good or try something new.

2  Thank CMarylynLim
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Yes this is a nice looking restaurant and the staff were friendly however the food is fair at best.
They got our order wrong and when I questioned why I received a calzone not a pizza I was told it was a pizza just folded in half.
So I ate my folded in half pizza only to discover the topping or should I say filling was not what I ordered.
The waitress realised they had been a mistake and apologised and we were given one free dessert to share between 2 as compensation. I nice gesture however our experience was already tainted.

2  Thank Trish G
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Saw this place as Number 2 on tripadvisor and was recommended by my friend. Decided to try this place out.

Food: Average for the price they were charging (I had the lamb shank btw)
Service: Bad (They werent very welcoming. And since it is supposedly one of the best in town, they have lots of reservations even during weekday nights. We were there at 6pm and at 7pm when we were done eating, the waitress asked if it was ok for us to move tables as one of their regular customers just rang them and requested for the table we sitting at. We decided to call for the bill)

They should treat new customers as important as their regulars as new customers may one day be their regulars! Don't think I'll be returning.

3  Thank swim_jess
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Twice I went, and on both occasions, the food was just subpar, and with the price they are charging, its really poor showing. For example, the couscous that came with a chicken thigh was dried and hard, and the chicken with apricot sauce was really uninspiring.
Also tried the mushroom stroganoff, it was just one note. One of the best wetern eatery in town? Guess not...

3  Thank XeonFire