“Very positive and consumer caring”
Review of Scuba Junkie KK

Scuba Junkie KK
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Junkie KK arranges daily dive and snorkel trips to over 15 Islands in the Kota Kinabalu (KK) area including the world famous Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park. This is an area you really need to fun dive and snorkel a few days in order to experience all the amazing bio-diverse marine life that this area has to offer!
Caracas, Venezuela
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very positive and consumer caring”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was diving with Scuba Junkie one day in KK in July 2014. I chose them basing on trip advisor opinions, came in and after few minute of talk, agreeing on last minute diving th next day, got even discount and definitely got positive experience. The equipment was good, dive instructor professional, food at lunch decent and generally staff very friendly. I recommend this place and if I'm back to KK, I'd definitely come back to diving with them!

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome Scuba Experience”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked this and then went travelling. We had to change the date and this was done on minimum notice with no fuss. Tick. Three dives for the price of two. Tick. Having not dived for a couple of years the instructor was helpful . Tick. Awesome dive spots. Tick. Great lunch included . Tick.

Smithton, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best family experience in Borneo”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My name is Matthew and together with my wife and two children we went diving with Scuba Junkies and it was awesome!

Whilst in Borneo we saw wild elephants, sun bears, orang-utans, macaques, gibbons, monitor lizards and all sorts of other exciting plants and animals. We trekked in the jungles and travelled up wild rivers but the most amazing adventure was scuba diving with Scuba Junkies in KK. Melly was our instructor for our discover scuba trip and she exceeded all of our expectations for an instructor and underwater guide and our expectations were high.

We had three awesome dives with Melly and a break for lunch which was included! Having never dived before we did not know how we would go and during our introductory training I was not sure that I was going to be able to dive. I simply did not find the experience of breathing with scuba gear pleasant at all. Melly however, encouraged me to try a little longer and after sitting in shallow water for a short time, just breathing and getting used to the gear, I began to really enjoy the experience. Once comfortable and having demonstrated our ability to perform necessary skills, our first dive began. In total we did three dives and each time the dive got better and better. My kids became a little too confident on the third dive and began to swim about all over the place but Melly switched from exploring to a more playful dive and the kids had a ball.

These guys are great dive instructors and their passion for the environment was clear. We are now looking forward to more diving experiences, hopefully they will be in 29 degree water as well.

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great beginners discovery dive!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Recently back from Kota Kinabalu and had a fantastic day out with Scuba Junkie. I am an experienced diver but my two daughters aged 16 & 14 yrs are not certified and wanted to try a discovery dive. We went out with Melly who was absolutely brilliant with them. She explained everything thoroughly and was extremely patient with my younger daughter who was having trouble getting used to her mask and reg. I think most instructors would have given up but Melly persisted until my daughter got it! Always felt totally safe in Melly's capable hands. Thoroughly recommend Scuba Junkie to beginners and experienced divers!

1 Thank Ayk_12
Tokyo, Japan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience, Highly recommend!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I did some research before picking Scuba Junkies. I found their office and booked the AOWD course with my wife. Julie and Claire really helped us out and went above and beyond. We felt really comfortable and had a great time chatting with them. We had Abraham as our instructor and he was great and patient. The water was clear and diving was great. Melly was cool and we enjoyed the whole crew.
Since our diving trip was so great we decided to book another tour with them since the first one was awesome and we were very pleased. We did there one day hike up Mt. Kinabalu. The accommodations were great and our experience with everything was awesome.
Overall our experience with them was awesome. They were well organized, courteous, and just fun to be with. After diving other places this so far has been the best dive shop we have been to.

2 Thank CVAV