We arrive at the Hotel on 16th March only to find the pool is still under renovation when it was said to be finished by 15th March. It was very noisy and so we threatened to stay at another hotel, but the reception staff was kind enough to upgrade us to the Mabul Suite with the price of a standard room which we couldn't resist...
What I liked about this Hotel was the wonderful Breakfast, Shangri la standards.. definitely. Another thing was the clean beach... Water was clear and unpolluted. The Mabul Suite was something we enjoyed... nice clean rooms and seaview. But amenities weren't functioning very well...
What I didn't like was the renovation of the pool that made lots of noise and the fact that my room was the furthest from the Beach! It clearly stated in the hotel's website to be done by 15th march only to our disappointment they failed to keep their promise... Not very 5* like. we expect efficiency from a world class hotel and unfortunately it isn't one.
Rooms are very expensive so budget travelers have to look elsewhere. Good for relaxation and that's pretty much it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu