We stayed at STAR (ShangriLa Tanjung ARu) from 30 July to 8th August and had an absolutely wonderful holiday, I can definately recomend this resort in terms of facilities, quality and staff friendliness, especially if you are travelling with kids.
My husband and I and 2 year old daughter stayed in an Executive Suite in the Tanjung wing which was absolutely huge! Two bathrooms, two TV's, lounger & dining area all beautifully appointed.
Our friends with their 2 children aged 2 and 4 stayed in a Seaview room and also found the quality of accomodation excellent.
Our rate included breakfast which was a massive buffet with excellent food. Normally the quality of food is compromised at buffets but this was not the case with almost anything you could imagine on offer.
The kids club was fantastic and you can also borrow bikes to ride around the resort on. Pools are great!
The only thing I would say is try to have your breakfast included in the rate and then go outside of the hotel for other meals as prices are a bit steep. First beach is only a 5 minutes walk along the beach front and you will find well priced beer, cocktails and asian/seafood and italian restaurants. Pina Coladas at first beach about 13-16 MYR ($5 AUD). Yum!
Make sure you get over to one of the islands to go snorkelling...
Please feel free to ask me any questions as I researched the trip allot on trip advisor and am happy to pass on all I have learnt! ENJOY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu