I really had no idea what to expect, and I was pleasantly surprised at the resort and the amount of facilities there making it difficult to use and see everything on site during such a short visit.
The room was comfortable and quite relaxing, and it was nice to sit on the balcony and watch the sun set and the views of the incoming storms.
There was wifi throughout the hotel and it seemed to cover most area's I went to.
Food was very good but service was relatively slow and that appears to have been in all the restaurants but worst is coco bar and restaurant, but as I was not in a hurry I never really worried about it too much.
The facilities at the hotel were excellent, from a range of shops to tour organisation and then the swimming pools with the slides and water wars area, there was so many things to see and do. However it was very busy and you did feel like your were crushed in around the pools and on the beach it was very much the same with a lack of places to sit.
I also visited the Chi spa and had a nice relaxing massage, I enjoyed the remoteness of the massage rooms and the fact that they were all individual buildings in a very tranquil setting.
Checkout was very seamless with no issues and overall it was a decent stay at a nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Travelbag, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu