We experienced a wonderful stay. The Staff are amazing and engaged with the kids everyday. Andrew at the towels and water slides was awesome. The water slides were great for big and small kids. We did the daily challenges and had a fantastic time, ice cream for the winners and all participants was a wonderful extra. I also recommend the cooking demonstration. Curried prawns were fantastic.
The food is amazing and very safe as none of us got sick. The buffet dinners, free for kids was great value. The breakfast was also delicious. Even with the crowds the staff were extremely calm and helpful. The sunset bar had great views. CoCo Joes was also fun with the live music.
The ladies who cleaned our room were the best I have ever encountered. Nothing was a problem and they also treated us by name.
It was my 40th Birthday and my husband and the staff organised a lovely cake and wrote happy birthday in beautiful flower petals. A lot of the staff wished me Happy Birthday all week which was lovely.
We stayed in the Ocean Room which was lovely.
Only minus is the saving of lounge chairs, some didn't have people on them all morning. However we always found at least two chairs. The fresh water around the pool was an added plus.
Thank you to all the wonderful staff you made our vacation a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelbag, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu