For our purposes, a family resort holiday, this hotel fit the bill. If you are looking for a couples romantic break, stay away and go to Rasa Ria instead.
The hotel has new and old wings. the old wing is a bit crummy. We had a suite, which was enormous. The quality of the room, cleanliness and service were all impeccable. The place can get a bit noisy, but that's part of all the fun and atmosphere of being in a childrens' haven.
The entertainment for children of all ages is wonderfully plentiful, and is the main reason for coming to this resort. Slides, water cannons, a small beach and a large toddler play-area to keep the kids occupied. The food is pretty good as well, as is the clubhouse, which is a quiet haven for adults and serves light buffet snacks.
Food choices are not bad, though the buffet restaurant can get very busy and chaotic with screaming children and messy buffet containers picked through by families. The chinese restaurant was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu