We came here for a 50th Wedding Anniversary family celebration as we enjoyed the first stay so much. We were so pleased to see some familiar faces, namely Rohan, who never ceases to entertain and was ever so happy to see mummy again!
Everyday was made special by the incredible staff at this beautiful resort. Our cabana on the beach was a great place to watch the sunset and be looked after by the fantastic guys at Coco Joes. So many thankyous to everyone who made this trip so memorable.
A special mention to the following, Rohan, Tulip, Harry, Majid, Timothy, Azmi, Cynthia & Ahmad. All the staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. The only things that we could suggest to improve were maybe the carpets could be updated along with some of the room items and also to please bring back the old tv dinners on the menus, wonderful for a night in. Tatu;s menu was also a lot bigger last time and very limited this time around.
We would love to be back right now and so look forward to another stay in the future. Thoroughly recommend the Tanjung wing for the sunsets, could sit and watch them forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelbag, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu