The resort is located in a stunning location by the beach and surprisingly, its just ten minutes away from town and fifteen from the airport.
The lobby is done up in a lovely Asian theme and you'll be welcomed by friendly staff. The rooms have a lovely design and have a balcony from where the view is fabulous. You'll wake up in the morning to a beautiful scenery - the sea, the moutains in the background and blue and green all around you. It's truly paradise!
The resort has a few really great restaurants - I particularly liked Coco Joes where you can dine on the beach listening to a live band. The multicuisine Cafe Tatu is also worth a visit. The traditional torch lighting ceremony at the Sunset Bar is absolutely worth waiting for. Watching the sunset from there was so beautiful, it left me speechless.
There are numerous things to do in the resort - from visitng the spa, playing golf, table tennis, or just taking a walk around taking photos. The resort has its own jetty from where you can go parasailing or head off to the island which is 15 minutes away to go snorkeling or sea walking.
If you happen to be holding an event at this hotel, you can be assured that the food will be great and that the staff will go out of their way to ensure that every aspect of the event is taken care of smoothly.
On the whole, my trip to Kota Kinabalu was a memorable experience because of the lovely people there - will definitely go back some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu