I have moved back to this hotel since it was refurbished. Stayed two nights on November 01-02, 2012. A great hotel for business and tourists in a good location, next to shopping mall, shops and food outlets. Filipino craft market and seafront restaurants within 15 minutes walk. Staff was friendly, price on the high side, excellent king size bed with extra pillows, room with city/sea view was clean, and good buffet breakfast. The Chinese restaurant is excellent. The signature dish oxtail asam pedas (spicy) in Tanjung Ria Cafe is also excellent. Bathroom has rain shower in lieu of bathtub (I prefer to have both, but can live with the rain shower). On this occasion, the drainage hole of the bathroom was stuck and water flooded a bit of the room, but housekeeping fixed and cleaned it up quickly. The driveway in front of the lobby is one-way and rather narrow, so your vehicle cannot park and wait, but has to make another round. Taxis are available easily as they are parked in front of the hotel. It would be the best hotel in the city if it stops changing for internet @ US$10 per day (down from US$20 a year ago).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu