This was the first hotel we stayed at during a 2.5 week trip to Borneo. We had booked a sea view room online and were upgraded to a club room on arrival, this meant that we had access to the club lounge where we could take breakfast and had free internet access all day plus drinks and canapés from 5-7pm. Complimentary softdrinks were available all day.
The hotel is a typical 4 star hotel aimed at business men but with a good helping of families as well. It has a gym, several restaurants and a pool area. The pool area is adequate, it could do with some cosmetic improvements but has comfortable loungers and a decent sized pool.
Our room was large and comfortable with a separate walk in shower. All rooms have a balcony. 2 small bottles of complimentary water are left in the room each day.
Staff were all friendly and efficient.
The hotel is very good value. We paid 54 pounds sterling including breakfast and taxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu